PDA

View Full Version : Main project development

zephyr325
10-29-2004, 04:44 AM
Just had a question hit me (and this isn' a whine :!:) ...how is it decided that something is going to get merged into the mainline CVS release? Seen a lot of good things showing up here (with standalone instructions on how to merge them into your code) but I don't understand if/when they're decided to become part of the "standard" emu release. I know LE and a few others are posting bug fixes into the code, and occasional (sometimes major) improvements, but is there a plan anywhere that's identified targets for the project? I would guess that a timeline can't be put in there due to folks are volunteering their time, but maybe developing a roadmap to try to harness the creative juices of the folks here?

<glances at his flame suit, wondering if he needs to put it on>

fathernitwit
10-29-2004, 09:05 AM
its all just a matter of what the devs (people who have proven themselves) want to put in, what we want to work on... so if we fix bugs, they obviously go in... if some guy off the street drops some code somewhere, then the devs will decide if its useful or not, and put things in accordingly.

thats about the end of the story... benevolent dictatorship with open positions for those the current dictators deem worthy.

there is no roadmap because nobody is tied to doing anything, its a matter of what we feel like coding up that day, at our leisure. I know I have about 10 projects going, and I work on them when I get motivated.