PDA

View Full Version : Compile problems over the past couple days

Elkay
11-01-2004, 02:55 PM
For the past 2-3 days I've been having compile issues from CVS, and they still exist with the massive update as of a couple hours ago. I've tried with both VS 2002 and VS 2003 and get the exact same errors.

c:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\EMuShareMem\MMF.c pp(302): warning C4532: 'return' : jump out of __finally block has undefined behavior during termination handling
C:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\common\database.c pp(4661): error C2039: 'door_param' : is not a member of 'Door'
C:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\common\database.c pp(4664): error C2039: 'size' : is not a member of 'Door'
c:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\common\../zone\zonedump.h(176) : see declaration of 'Door'
C:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\common\database.c pp(4661): error C2039: 'door_param' : is not a member of 'Door'
C:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\common\database.c pp(4664): error C2039: 'size' : is not a member of 'Door'
c:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\zone\zonedump.h(1 76) : see declaration of 'Door'
c:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\zone\doors.cpp(53 ): error C2039: 'door_param' : is not a member of 'Door'
c:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\zone\doors.cpp(54 ): error C2039: 'size' : is not a member of 'Door'
c:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\zone\zonedump.h(1 76) : see declaration of 'Door'

Just a heads up that something on the CVS is probably out of sync from your local copies. I've also tried a clean download from SF with the same results.

Speedz
11-01-2004, 04:38 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one heh....been beating my compilers up over this :-(

Edgar1898
11-01-2004, 07:21 PM
For the past 2-3 days I've been having compile issues from CVS, and they still exist with the massive update as of a couple hours ago. I've tried with both VS 2002 and VS 2003 and get the exact same errors.

c:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\EMuShareMem\MMF.c pp(302): warning C4532: 'return' : jump out of __finally block has undefined behavior during termination handling
c:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\common\../zone\zonedump.h(176) : see declaration of 'Door'
c:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\zone\doors.cpp(53 ): error C2039: 'door_param' : is not a member of 'Door'
c:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\zone\doors.cpp(54 ): error C2039: 'size' : is not a member of 'Door'

Just a heads up that something on the CVS is probably out of sync from your local copies. I've also tried a clean download from SF with the same results.

That problem has been fixed since this afternoon, its already on SF, in fact here is the link:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/eqemulator/EQEmuCVS/Source/zone/zonedump.h?view=markup

Cisyouc
11-02-2004, 03:17 AM
Edgar,
I'm still having problems with latest CVS.
--------------------Configuration: Zone - Win32 Release--------------------
Compiling...
Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Ob2'
AA.cpp
aggro.cpp
attack.cpp
beacon.cpp
bonuses.cpp
client.cpp
client_mods.cpp
client_process.cpp
command.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\math.h(514) : error C2894: templates cannot be declared to have 'C' linkage
doors.cpp
effects.cpp
entity.cpp
EQEMuError.cpp
faction.cpp
forage.cpp
groups.cpp
guilds.cpp
hate_list.cpp
inventory.cpp
loottables.cpp
Map.cpp
mob.cpp
MobAI.cpp
net.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\math.h(514) : error C2894: templates cannot be declared to have 'C' linkage
npc.cpp
Object.cpp
parser.cpp
petitions.cpp
pets.cpp
PlayerCorpse.cpp
ptimer.cpp
spawn2.cpp
spawngroup.cpp
spdat.cpp
spell_effects.cpp
spells.cpp
tradeskills.cpp
trading.cpp
trap.cpp
waypoints.cpp
worldserver.cpp
zone.cpp
zonedbasync.cpp
classes.cpp
crc32.cpp
database.cpp
dbasync.cpp
dbcore.cpp
DBMemLeak.cpp
debug.cpp
EMuShareMem.cpp
EQNetwork.cpp
eqtime.cpp
Item.cpp
md5.cpp
misc.cpp
MiscFunctions.cpp
moremath.cpp
Mutex.cpp
packet_dump.cpp
packet_dump_file.cpp
packet_functions.cpp
races.cpp
serverinfo.cpp
TCPConnection.cpp
timer.cpp
Error executing cl.exe.

Zone.exe - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)

Elkay
11-02-2004, 03:25 AM
Kind of odd thing happened here.. I downloaded from CVS about 30 minutes ago, it failed the same as it had been. Re-downloaded from scratch again about 10 minutes ago and it just successfully compiled. I think SF is WAY lagging right now. Give it another shot.

Cisyouc
11-02-2004, 03:56 AM
Kind of odd thing happened here.. I downloaded from CVS about 30 minutes ago, it failed the same as it had been. Re-downloaded from scratch again about 10 minutes ago and it just successfully compiled. I think SF is WAY lagging right now. Give it another shot.
--------------------Configuration: Zone - Win32 Release--------------------
Compiling...
Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Ob2'
command.cpp
net.cpp
Error executing cl.exe.

Zone.exe - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)
Still not working.

Edgar1898
11-02-2004, 04:25 AM
Your using VC 6.0?

Cisyouc
11-02-2004, 04:26 AM
Yessir.

Elkay
11-02-2004, 05:00 AM
I was using VS 2003 when mine finally successfully compiled. I'm at work right now though so I can't test it out yet.

Speedz
11-02-2004, 07:36 AM
I'm useing VS 2003 and this time round got more errors than at my previous post...but I'ma programming noob so *shrug*

Elkay
11-02-2004, 07:59 AM
Try it from a fresh CVS download into a new directory, don't try merging changes. I've noticed as of recent that CVS hasn't worked so well for merging and detecting changed files.

Cisyouc
11-02-2004, 08:23 AM
Try it from a fresh CVS download into a new directory, don't try merging changes. I've noticed as of recent that CVS hasn't worked so well for merging and detecting changed files.I've been clearing it and redownloading...still, math.h error.

Xentar
11-02-2004, 12:13 PM
Can any of you guys who are compiling the newest CVS post a compiled version of zone.exe and world.exe which fixes the latest black screen issue facing many of us who have switched to the Kunark DB?
Currently I can't get into my server nor can any of the other players who usually get on the server. Everyone is getting the black screen after char selection.

hypershadow66
11-02-2004, 12:52 PM
With the new CVS i am getting 83 errors when it is linking. It is clearly all due to the new quest system and i dont know how to fix it. some of the errors are

Linking...
client.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall Client::DBAWComplete(unsigned char,class DBAsyncWork *)" (?DBAWComplete@Client@@UAEXEPAVDBAsyncWork@@@Z)
client.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall ClientLogs::unsubscribeAll(class Client *)" (?unsubscribeAll@ClientLogs@@QAEXPAVClient@@@Z)
command.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall ClientLogs::unsubscribeAll(class Client *)" (?unsubscribeAll@ClientLogs@@QAEXPAVClient@@@Z)
client.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class ClientLogs client_logs" (?client_logs@@3VClientLogs@@A)
command.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class ClientLogs client_logs" (?client_logs@@3VClientLogs@@A)
zone.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class ClientLogs client_logs" (?client_logs@@3VClientLogs@@A)

killspree
11-02-2004, 01:15 PM
You need to add all the new quest files to your project.

hypershadow66
11-02-2004, 02:02 PM
the embperl_XS.cpp files?

hypershadow66
11-02-2004, 02:50 PM
I added the files, and did combinations of the files, and commented out some lines that fathernitwit said to do. Nothing has worked and im still getting the same 83 errors.

killspree
11-02-2004, 02:58 PM
Oh I see what your problem is, you need to add client_logs.cpp/.h to the project...and maybe client_packet.cpp, haven't checked to see if it's required as well.

hypershadow66
11-02-2004, 03:00 PM
kk thanks, should i remove the perlXS files?

killspree
11-02-2004, 04:02 PM
It looks like it's not compiling with vs 6.0, i fthat's what you're using. I can't get perl to compile wit hit, but then again when I compile it without perl it goes nuts starting world/zone, and spams the screen forcing me to close the process.[/list]

hypershadow66
11-02-2004, 04:22 PM
yeah it wont compile no matter what im adding. Do you happen to have the 31'st source?

killspree
11-02-2004, 04:25 PM
Don't think I have it.

hypershadow66
11-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Do you know who would?

Elkay
11-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Just upgraded to VS in the past couple days.. probably not a great time to do so but I needed to due to work.. it compiles 100% fine, unfortunately I absolutely cannot get it to execute right.. it starts to run then beeps and throws all kinds of nice ASCII characters until I end process.. on my laptop where I do all my compiles it tries using db.ini which it can't find obviously and keeps looping without a blatant crash.. Maybe going to try to concurrently reinstalling 2002 just to compile and see what happens.. will let you know. All I know at this point is.. current CVS + VS 2003 = No.

hypershadow66
11-02-2004, 05:14 PM
I guess I'll just wait a couple days and hope the CVS gets back on track

Edgar1898
11-02-2004, 05:16 PM
I'm working on getting the compile issues fixed.

Edgar1898
11-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Btw, until I get the compile issues worked out on VC 6, I would suggest running the precompile ones I'm uploading to cvs. I installed perl on my system finally so I will be compiling a perl version on a regular basis as well.

Elkay
11-02-2004, 05:49 PM
No problem running pre-compiled at all, if only I could open the zips. Winzip won't open them and hasn't been able to ever, afaik. Any suggestion for a winxp compatible decompressor for the zips in CVS? BTW LE, any plans on shifting to VS 2k3 anytime? I know 2k5 is still beta so no expectation on that.

Edgar1898
11-02-2004, 06:27 PM
Heh, I use WinZip to compress them, so I'm not sure why you cant decompress them using it. AFAIK I'm one of the few devs still using Windows to compile (most of them now work exclusively on *nix platforms). I got a legal copy of VS .net for free, so I dont plan on switching anytime soon :P

Edgar1898
11-02-2004, 06:38 PM
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=105092

Elkay
11-02-2004, 06:39 PM
Ok will definitely be reinstalling VS 2002 then.. good thing I have MSDN via work. Not sure whether the problem launching the EXEs at this point is due to the difference in the versions, since I can now compile but when executing I now get problems. At that point I almost have to assume the problem is the version difference, at least to get it executing properly.

killspree
11-02-2004, 06:54 PM
Hmm yeah still getting the executing problems here too, lots of ascii spam like before.

Edit: Even having the problems with the pre-compiled versions you linked LE.

Elkay
11-02-2004, 06:57 PM
Hmm yeah still getting the executing problems here too, lots of ascii spam like before.

Are you 2K2 or 2K3? 2K3 would make me feel a little better. Would love to not have to run concurrent versions if I don't have to.

killspree
11-02-2004, 06:58 PM
Sorry, just edited my post. Meant about the pre-compiled versions too. I've been using vs 6.0 but will probably be upgrading to .net 2k3 some time soon anyway.

Elkay
11-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Sorry, just edited my post. Meant about the pre-compiled versions too. I've been using vs 6.0 but will probably be upgrading to .net 2k3 some time soon anyway.

So the precompiled versions are giving you the same spam? That would make me feel even better hehe. /rude LE.. haha jk bro ;) Back to my backups! =)

killspree
11-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Ya, same spam with pre-compiles.

Edgar1898
11-02-2004, 07:47 PM
kk, Yah I just noticed it myself. It was caused by an overloaded function called EQEMuLog::write that FNW added in with his changes. Apparently it worked fine on linux, but it caused all kinds of problems on Windows (as you can tell). I'm uploading some fixed versions now. Give me 5 minutes or so and they will be there. The specific problem was in database.cpp on line 4211. I dont have time to debug it fully, so I just took out the argument that was causing it to use his new function.

Edgar1898
11-02-2004, 08:08 PM
They are uploaded, btw to save yuorself some trouble: Apparently if your faction tables arent correct, it just exits the program when it tries to read those tables. Run this query:

ALTER TABLE `npc_faction_entries` ADD `npc_value` INT(11) UNSIGNED DEFAULT "0" NOT NULL

Dont ask me why it just exits the program (I didnt write that)

killspree
11-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Hmm new error using the new perl compile:

[Error] HandlePacket() Opcode error: Unexpected packet during CLIENT_CONNECTING:
opcode: 0x%04x, size: %i Error message: %s Client error: %s dbasync->Add
Work() returned false, client crash SELECT faction_id,current_value FROM fac
tion_values WHERE char_id = %i SELECT id,profile,zonename,x,y,z,guild,guildrank
FROM character_ WHERE id=%i
Unexpected packet during CLIENT_CONNECTING: OpCode: 0x0355, size: 4
0: 48 1F 73 00 | H.s.

Did I miss a db change I should have sourced in?

killspree
11-02-2004, 08:47 PM
For some reason anything after a logfile->write() is being printed to zone.exe. For example the shielding messages are being printed there. I've been commenting out the various logfile->write() in client_packet.cpp to see if I can avoid crashing and each time I can get further along prior to crashing.

Edit: Still locking up shortly after logging in for some reason.

fathernitwit
11-03-2004, 03:38 AM
aight, now that lethal pointed out the problem, I know whats wrong with this at least. I didnt even think about the overloaded function intercepting write calls with 2 int args... I am correcting it right now.

and actually on unix, all it did was print a bunch of the binary to the log files, rather interesting.

cavedude
11-03-2004, 07:20 AM
Not sure if this helps, but I lock up right after zoning in. I compiled with .NET both with perl and without. The output stayed the same:

Read group ID for 'Xinan': 0
[Error] HandlePacket() Opcode error: Unexpected packet during CLIENT_CONNECTING:
FROM character_ WHERE id=%i
Unexpected packet during CLIENT_CONNECTING: OpCode: 0x0355, size: 4
0: 48 1F 73 00 | H.s.
FROM character_ WHERE id=%i SELECT status,name,lsaccount_id,gmspeed,revoked
FROM account WHERE id=%i Ghosting client: Account ID:%i Name:%s Character:%s
IP:%s GetAuth() returned false kicking client WARNING: Setting datarate for cl
ient to 5.0 expect a client lock up =( HandlePacket() OP_SetDataRate INVALID re
quest : %f <= 0 HandlePacket() OP_SetDataRate request : %f Wrong size on OP_Set
Datarate. Got: %i, Expected: %i bazaar Scribing a spell without an inst on your
cursor? Scribing spell: inst exists but item does not or spell ids do no
t match. Unexpected error: spell id out of range Wrong size on OP_MemorizeSpe
ll. Got: %i, Expected: %i o??;?à+? R+?àdQF? áAThe total trade is: %i PP, %
i GP, %i SP, %i CP %s adds some coins to the trade. Local: Summoning %s to %
i, %i, %i %s left the zone. %s logged out. Client linkdead: Client disco
nnected (cs=e): Client disconnected (cs=d): Client disconnected (cs=k):

+#;%s died. pe: Player got a % Rezz OP_GMTrainSkill: failed client: %
s t_level: Wrong Training Skill (abilities) Training language: Wrong Tra
ining Skill (languages) %i Commands not available. command_add() - too m
any aliases for command %s. Increase the value of CMDALIASES in command.h an
d rebuild. command_add() - Command '%s' is a duplicate - check command.cpp.
Not all points are set! Error adding PRange! Successfully added PRange: %i
Last modified on: %s Mon Nov 1 19:57:17 2004 Compiled on: %s
at %s Nov 3 2004 13:49:20 %s EQEM
Unexpected packet during CLIENT_CONNECTING: OpCode: 0x02e9, size: 8
0: 67 00 00 00 40 00 00 00 | g...@...
Client linkdead: Xinan
Dropping client: Process=false, ip=192.168.2.6, port=4049
[Status] Zone Shutdown: felwithea (61)

hypershadow66
11-03-2004, 01:02 PM
when it boots up a zone i get an error about temporary merchant templates. it says

[Status] Loading Temporary Merchant Lists...
Error in LoadTempMerchantData query 'select ml.npcid,ml.slot,ml.itemid,ml.charge
s from merchantlist_temp ml, npc_types nt, spawnentry se, spawn2 s2 where nt.id=
ml.npcid and nt.id=se.npcid and se.spawngroupid=s2.spawngroupid and s2.zone='cab
east' group by ml.npcid,slot order by npcid,slot asc' #1054: Unknown column 'ml.
npcid' in 'field list'

How do i fix it i just added a merchantlist_temp table, but dont know where to go from there. do i even need to worry about this. I have 0 merchants in any zone right now as well

Edit:: as we;; as that, the black screen erroring is gone... although now it just looks like its loading into the zone but goes back to login after a few minutes. is my DB wrong or is it still the server?

Elkay
11-03-2004, 02:47 PM
My compile problems were resolved tonight as of about 6PM and the emulator also runs without crashing.

hypershadow66
11-03-2004, 04:29 PM
hmm, well it never worked for me but thankfully ajb20 got me a working compile and my server finally works =D. but its the 29th compile

Elkay
11-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Couple new compile problems on the CVS as of 11/4 and into 11/5..

c:\Projects\eqemu\EQEmuCVS\Source\zone\PlayerCorps e.cpp(721): error C2664: 'Group::SplitMoney' : cannot convert parameter 5 from 'Corpse *const ' to 'Client *'
c:\Projects\eqemu\EQEmuCVS\Source\EMuShareMem\MMF. cpp(302): warning C4532: 'return' : jump out of __finally block has undefined behavior during termination handling

Just a heads up.

Edgar1898
11-05-2004, 10:18 AM
Yup, already fixed, it should be on SF in a couple of hours or you can download the fix (I'm uploading the source as well) when I update the DR2 release in a few minutes.