Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 11-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Default Compile problems over the past couple days

For the past 2-3 days I've been having compile issues from CVS, and they still exist with the massive update as of a couple hours ago. I've tried with both VS 2002 and VS 2003 and get the exact same errors.

c:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\EMuShareMem\MMF.c pp(302): warning C4532: 'return' : jump out of __finally block has undefined behavior during termination handling
C:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\common\database.c pp(4661): error C2039: 'door_param' : is not a member of 'Door'
C:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\common\database.c pp(4664): error C2039: 'size' : is not a member of 'Door'
c:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\common\../zone\zonedump.h(176) : see declaration of 'Door'
C:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\common\database.c pp(4661): error C2039: 'door_param' : is not a member of 'Door'
C:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\common\database.c pp(4664): error C2039: 'size' : is not a member of 'Door'
c:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\zone\zonedump.h(1 76) : see declaration of 'Door'
c:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\zone\doors.cpp(53 ): error C2039: 'door_param' : is not a member of 'Door'
c:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\zone\doors.cpp(54 ): error C2039: 'size' : is not a member of 'Door'
c:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\zone\zonedump.h(1 76) : see declaration of 'Door'

Just a heads up that something on the CVS is probably out of sync from your local copies. I've also tried a clean download from SF with the same results.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:38 PM
Speedz
Hill Giant

I'm glad I'm not the only one heh....been beating my compilers up over this :-(
Old 11-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Default Re: Compile problems over the past couple days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkay
For the past 2-3 days I've been having compile issues from CVS, and they still exist with the massive update as of a couple hours ago. I've tried with both VS 2002 and VS 2003 and get the exact same errors.

c:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\EMuShareMem\MMF.c pp(302): warning C4532: 'return' : jump out of __finally block has undefined behavior during termination handling
c:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\common\../zone\zonedump.h(176) : see declaration of 'Door'
c:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\zone\doors.cpp(53 ): error C2039: 'door_param' : is not a member of 'Door'
c:\Projects\temp\EQEmuCVS\Source\zone\doors.cpp(54 ): error C2039: 'size' : is not a member of 'Door'

Just a heads up that something on the CVS is probably out of sync from your local copies. I've also tried a clean download from SF with the same results.
That problem has been fixed since this afternoon, its already on SF, in fact here is the link:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.p....h?view=markup
Old 11-02-2004, 03:17 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Edgar,
I'm still having problems with latest CVS.
Code:
--------------------Configuration: Zone - Win32 Release--------------------
Compiling...
Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Ob2'
AA.cpp
aggro.cpp
attack.cpp
beacon.cpp
bonuses.cpp
client.cpp
client_mods.cpp
client_process.cpp
command.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\math.h(514) : error C2894: templates cannot be declared to have 'C' linkage
doors.cpp
effects.cpp
entity.cpp
EQEMuError.cpp
faction.cpp
forage.cpp
groups.cpp
guilds.cpp
hate_list.cpp
inventory.cpp
loottables.cpp
Map.cpp
mob.cpp
MobAI.cpp
net.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\math.h(514) : error C2894: templates cannot be declared to have 'C' linkage
npc.cpp
Object.cpp
parser.cpp
petitions.cpp
pets.cpp
PlayerCorpse.cpp
ptimer.cpp
spawn2.cpp
spawngroup.cpp
spdat.cpp
spell_effects.cpp
spells.cpp
tradeskills.cpp
trading.cpp
trap.cpp
waypoints.cpp
worldserver.cpp
zone.cpp
zonedbasync.cpp
classes.cpp
crc32.cpp
database.cpp
dbasync.cpp
dbcore.cpp
DBMemLeak.cpp
debug.cpp
EMuShareMem.cpp
EQNetwork.cpp
eqtime.cpp
Item.cpp
md5.cpp
misc.cpp
MiscFunctions.cpp
moremath.cpp
Mutex.cpp
packet_dump.cpp
packet_dump_file.cpp
packet_functions.cpp
races.cpp
serverinfo.cpp
TCPConnection.cpp
timer.cpp
Error executing cl.exe.

Zone.exe - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:25 AM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Kind of odd thing happened here.. I downloaded from CVS about 30 minutes ago, it failed the same as it had been. Re-downloaded from scratch again about 10 minutes ago and it just successfully compiled. I think SF is WAY lagging right now. Give it another shot.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:56 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Kind of odd thing happened here.. I downloaded from CVS about 30 minutes ago, it failed the same as it had been. Re-downloaded from scratch again about 10 minutes ago and it just successfully compiled. I think SF is WAY lagging right now. Give it another shot.
Code:
--------------------Configuration: Zone - Win32 Release--------------------
Compiling...
Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Ob2'
command.cpp
net.cpp
Error executing cl.exe.

Zone.exe - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)
Still not working.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:25 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Your using VC 6.0?
Old 11-02-2004, 04:26 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Yessir.
C++ is wonderful.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:00 AM
Elkay
Hill Giant

I was using VS 2003 when mine finally successfully compiled. I'm at work right now though so I can't test it out yet.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:36 AM
Speedz
Hill Giant

I'm useing VS 2003 and this time round got more errors than at my previous post...but I'ma programming noob so *shrug*
Old 11-02-2004, 07:59 AM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Try it from a fresh CVS download into a new directory, don't try merging changes. I've noticed as of recent that CVS hasn't worked so well for merging and detecting changed files.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:23 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Try it from a fresh CVS download into a new directory, don't try merging changes. I've noticed as of recent that CVS hasn't worked so well for merging and detecting changed files.
I've been clearing it and redownloading...still, math.h error.
C++ is wonderful.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:13 PM
Xentar
Fire Beetle

Can any of you guys who are compiling the newest CVS post a compiled version of zone.exe and world.exe which fixes the latest black screen issue facing many of us who have switched to the Kunark DB?
Currently I can't get into my server nor can any of the other players who usually get on the server. Everyone is getting the black screen after char selection.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:52 PM
hypershadow66
Banned

With the new CVS i am getting 83 errors when it is linking. It is clearly all due to the new quest system and i dont know how to fix it. some of the errors are

Code:
Linking...
client.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall Client::DBAWComplete(unsigned char,class DBAsyncWork *)" (?DBAWComplete@Client@@UAEXEPAVDBAsyncWork@@@Z)
client.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall ClientLogs::unsubscribeAll(class Client *)" (?unsubscribeAll@ClientLogs@@QAEXPAVClient@@@Z)
command.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall ClientLogs::unsubscribeAll(class Client *)" (?unsubscribeAll@ClientLogs@@QAEXPAVClient@@@Z)
client.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class ClientLogs client_logs" (?client_logs@@3VClientLogs@@A)
command.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class ClientLogs client_logs" (?client_logs@@3VClientLogs@@A)
zone.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class ClientLogs client_logs" (?client_logs@@3VClientLogs@@A)
Old 11-02-2004, 01:15 PM
killspree
Dragon

You need to add all the new quest files to your project.