PDA

View Full Version : How to make NPC Models Load in Any Zone.

Richardo
03-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Does not work.. I will do more research to load a model globally..

Ok, recently I discovered how to force NPC Models to load globally. Basically this means just editing one file can make a certain npc model or multiple npc models load in all zones. But we will get into that later, first I will explain to you how to force-load NPC Models in any or all zones.

[Requirements]
1.> Notepad/Wordpad
2.> Patience

First step
Open Notepad or Wordpad, either is fine. Open a file in your everquest directory with Wordpad or Notepad called, befallen_chr.txt. In this file you will find the following

wil,stonebrunt_chr

Ok, the number at the very top specifies how many models are being loaded into this zone. The line below "1" specifies what model that shall be force loaded into befallen.

Befallen_chr represents the s3d(zone) being loaded and while a zone is being loaded, it always checks for a chr.txt file incase a new model needs to be loaded that is not global.

Ok so now you understand how it works, now we will attempt to force the "Nightmare Gargoyle(race 280)" model and the "Fire Demon(race 300)" into Nexus!

Step 1> Open Notepad or Wordpad
Step 2> Place the following into your new document.

gtd,gtd_chr
ggl,ggl_chr

Hint: 2 means 2 models will be loaded into the zone, always when creating these files place how many models are being loaded.

Now that you have everything completed, save the file as "Nexus_chr.txt". Now once you have done this, zone into nexus and race yourself to 300 and then 280 and everything should work properly.

Ok, now we have individual zone model forceloading working. Lets move over to making these same models load over every zone without having a zonename_chr.txt for every zone. Open the Nexus_chr.txt file you just made, then click "file" on wordpad or notepad, then click "save as" and save the file as gequip2_chr.txt.

gequip2_chr.s3d is a globally loaded file and since it is read the same way zones are read, it also searches for a _chr.txt file to load new models so then it loads over every zone. :)

NOTE: This is only client side, so if you wish to have everyone on your server to see these models, they "must" have these files or they will not see what you are seeing with new models.

If you wish to have a list of the force load names for example, ggl,ggl_chr. Download the file below and it has a list of npc's and what they look like with a incomplete list of the forceload information.

Magicks Tutorial (Need Adobe Reader to Use) (http://heightenedreality.com/files/...Guidebook13.pdf)

Richardo
03-11-2005, 08:56 AM
where on earth is muss :(

ActionAlligator
05-15-2005, 05:42 AM
Thanks alot for this! Ok, so I have to find ALLLLLL the models/races in the whole game for them to load for me and place them in the global file? Will this cause any lag? And BTW, the link is dead :(

Belfedia
05-15-2005, 11:03 AM
Actionalligator,
you can use my link here : http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18085
If you load all the model in global, you need more and more ram for user to play eq, and i think it was more than 2 gigas...
Sony cut this model in zone for have less memory to use.

Richardo
05-20-2005, 06:03 AM
I will fix it the link soon, unfortunately Custom Chemical Services exceeded its monthly bandwidth transfer rate...

Oxalic
06-08-2005, 11:41 AM
I tried testing this out. I could make it work for any single zone, but not globally. Does this work for 6.0 Perl /w Kunark db?

killspree
06-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Has this ever actually worked? I couldn't get it to work with multiple versions of the EQ client.

Oxalic
06-11-2005, 07:30 AM
Hmm kept on testing, only got models to load in individual zones, this is for the 6.0 client

sirreality
06-14-2005, 03:22 PM
I am not having any luck force-loading globally. I first created, loaded and tested a txt file for a single zone to ensure that the process was working for the model i intended to use. I then tested with the following txt files globally, each time restarting the client completely, but have had zero success.

global_chr.txt
global_chr1.txt
global_chr2.txt
global2_chr.txt
global2_chr2.txt
global3_chr.txt
global8_chr.txt
global19_amr.txt
global19_chr.txt
globalbaf_chr.txt
globalbaf_chr2.txt
globalhom_chr2.txt
gequip2.txt
gequip2_chr.txt
gequip2_chr2.txt
gequip6_chr.txt
gequip6_chr2.txt

I know some of these either have no corresponding s3d file and/or do not make sense, but i started grasping at straws. Now i'm about out of ideas for this one.

Oxalic
06-15-2005, 07:11 AM
I read a new guide, and it said global forceloading no longer works.

Richardo
06-19-2005, 08:21 AM
I am not having any luck force-loading globally. I first created, loaded and tested a txt file for a single zone to ensure that the process was working for the model i intended to use. I then tested with the following txt files globally, each time restarting the client completely, but have had zero success.

global_chr.txt
global_chr1.txt
global_chr2.txt
global2_chr.txt
global2_chr2.txt
global3_chr.txt
global8_chr.txt
global19_amr.txt
global19_chr.txt
globalbaf_chr.txt
globalbaf_chr2.txt
globalhom_chr2.txt
gequip2.txt
gequip2_chr.txt
gequip2_chr2.txt
gequip6_chr.txt
gequip6_chr2.txt

I know some of these either have no corresponding s3d file and/or do not make sense, but i started grasping at straws. Now i'm about out of ideas for this one.

There are a couple files that load globally according to my knowledge and you can attach a chr.txt to them, im just searching for them...

Shadow-Wolf
08-16-2005, 06:01 PM
As far as I could tell global loading NEVER worked, the only forceloading possible is local. A while back I found a file that looked like it told the client to load the froglok(guktan) model which is not in any of the global .s3d files. No one ever cared to look into what I found however so I have no idea if it was what I thought it was or not.