PDA

View Full Version : Journey Luclin Spell id:2935

sysadmin
03-09-2005, 06:17 AM
I been working on stones and portals, also wrote a few scripts for the scions. I was able to make the scion cast the journey to luclin spell [spellid:2935] but when it does the client says 'spell would not take hold'. it is supposed to be point blank ae spell range:100. I know everyone is busy, but here is another thing to add to the list.

fathernitwit
03-09-2005, 08:14 AM
this is a known 'issue', has been talked about several times on the forums.

it is a beneficial spell, so cannot be used by npcs on players. You can try to use quest::selfcast

sysadmin
03-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Sorry to bring this up, I got here after the forum got deleted so I have missed many discussions. I tried both quest::selfcast and quest::castspell with the same result.

Maybe there is a special flag that allows the npc to cast beneficial spells, but only you would know since you are the one working with the code. That is just something to think about.

1Boppoom1
03-20-2005, 08:20 AM
Ok,

I have been messing around with the spells a bit and have found out that AOE is point blank and wont work period. But there are other AOE's as well...

For example:

Target Based AoE
Self Based AoE
(not sure if this will work but) Area-PC Only.

With those 3 you could set it up to where it still works. Instead of an AoE from his area why not do an invisible man right next to him. have him cast the spell on him and wham within 100ft of range he will teleport..... i have tried it yet but im going to sometime this week. If anyone gets it done before me PLZ email me at Boppoom@gmail.com......

sysadmin
03-20-2005, 08:45 AM
Journey Luclin is a Self targeted AE (beneficial) spell.

1Boppoom1
03-20-2005, 11:22 AM
Journey Luclin is a Self targeted AE (beneficial) spell.
If it is a Self Targeted AE (beneficial) spell. Why would it be set point blank in the spells_us.txt file? Could we change it back to Self Targeted?

If that doesnt work we have 2 other options to work from...

We can do this for 1 example

1) Nexus Scion spawns
2) Timer begins on spawn (timer is spawning a shadowman)
3) Timer runs out and spawns shadowman (shadowman which is his new target)
4) Nexus Scion then casts Journey Luclin with Area - PC Only with a radius of 100 ft
5) He teleports everyone within 100 ft of shadowmans range
6) Nexus Scion kills the shadowman
7) His timer resets
8) Starts from step one again

Now would that work?

Lemme whip up a script and test it out real quick

sysadmin
03-20-2005, 05:24 PM
No because beneficial spells are broken.

1Boppoom1
03-20-2005, 06:32 PM
No because beneficial spells are broken.
We can remove the beneficial spell part...anyways wut is beneficial?

sysadmin
03-21-2005, 04:13 AM
Devs can only answer that question. I think they will fix it when they can.

Cisyouc
03-21-2005, 08:09 AM
Devs can only answer that question. I think they will fix it when they can.
Its not a problem. Technically the system is working-- its not letting a mob cast a beneficial spell on a PC.

1Boppoom1
03-21-2005, 08:10 AM
I remember when i first join eqemu and that spell didnt work (since 3.5)..i kept asking when it would be fixed...They kept saying they were gonna fix soon and now we are at 6.0.....i dunno....just hopefully it will be soon

mwmdragon
04-03-2005, 06:19 AM
Just set up an NPC to talk to, that can quest::movepc to any location you want in luclin.