PDA

View Full Version : Concurrency Violation

WildcardX
05-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Greetings, I am almost ready to release a beta version of a tool that will allow you to edit your EQEmu world database. This tool supports any EQEmu database, either in the past, present or future as it dynamically loads your database. I am having a problem with concurrency violation exceptions with the doors table, though. While my tool can load all the tables, including doors, the doors table seems to be the only table that is not updating and instead is tossing me a concurrency violation. Anyone have any experience with concurrency violations and might know whats so special about the doors table that I keep running up against it there?

EDIT:

Actually, i just tested all the tables and the following tables toss back Concurrency Exceptions when attempted to be updated by my application:

doors
grid_entries
zone
npc_types
spawn2

I understand I don't have any source code posted here, but I am just wondering if anyone else here has had any experience with concurrency exceptions and how to deal with it.

WildcardX
06-10-2005, 03:53 AM
I found the problem, well kinda. After a lot of researching it seems the MySQL .NET Connector v1.04 has a problem updating column fields of the float (double) datatype. I am working around this problem by performing database updates utilizing the MySQlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery method instead of the MySqlDataAdapter.update(dataset) method, which was much slicker and I wish MySQL would fix this. Anyway, I am looking forward to making an "alpha" version of my database editing tool available this weekend now that it it's basic functions are working.