PDA

View Full Version : Developer IRC meetings

boscorillium
06-23-2006, 07:02 PM
I want to propose a standing weekly IRC chat session of developers. Make if you can, and if you can't, ah well. Anyone have thoughts?

RangerDown
06-24-2006, 05:08 AM
If there were more developers, that would work, but with only 2 or 3 active devs who are busy with other RL events as well, they're not going to be able to commit to a weekly session.

A once-in-a-blue-moon dev meeting might be a good idea, assuming that we can actually get something productive out of it. At the moment, it seems like a lot of good ideas flow from this forum, and the devs know what direction they're wanting to take things, so I'm not too sure that at this point a live chat session -- be it mostly-unmoderated or be it "Stratics H.O.C." style -- would really accomplish anything here.

That said, if they ever decide they need one for some ideas or thoughts, I'm sure they won't hesitate to announce it and set one up.

mattmeck
06-24-2006, 05:17 AM
The Developers are in IRC almost constantly, and as RD pointed out we only have 2-3 people actively working on the EMU, so they communicate all the time.

Anyone who wants to chat with them just needs to get on IRC and catch them.