PDA

View Full Version : Is there a live-compatible version in the works?

Astartae
07-07-2006, 06:50 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone is working on a live-compatible version. The last version put out was 7, back in April, and it was never intended for live. So, is anyone creating a version 8 as we speak that will be made to be played with a live patch?

If not, I understand. But I really would love it if someone was working on this. I would if I could but I don't have the patience to learn a programming language.

Astartae
07-07-2006, 07:34 AM
Nevermind. Don't bother answering. I just read this answer on another thread:

when will a version of EQemu thats compatable with the live patch be available?

Never. or so far into the future never is a neighbor.

Titanium is how you must go.

I guess I will add Titanium to my "wish list" for things I want to buy when I have a spare $20 to spend... ;-)

Or maybe I'll just try to install all the files that Titanium contains, since I have most of those already on disc.

mattmeck
07-07-2006, 08:51 AM
Wont work, they have to be the EXACT files, other CD's have files that are newer / older so there diferent.

Angelox
07-07-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone is working on a live-compatible version. The last version put out was 7, back in April, and it was never intended for live. So, is anyone creating a version 8 as we speak that will be made to be played with a live patch?

If not, I understand. But I really would love it if someone was working on this. I would if I could but I don't have the patience to learn a programming language.

Hi!

What you want is almost, if not impossible, as Sony keeps EQ changing all the time - EQEMU needs to stick to something solid.
I like to think of Everquest as the "Classic" Everquest that was around before the Sony corperates got hold of it. I think some of the things Sony did to EQ was nice, but a lot was not.
Even if they did manage to put EQEMU up to date with the current Sony EQ, alls that would happen is, all the old, original zones everyone's been busting their humps on, would become useless and wasted space - just like it is on EQ live now.
Reality is, what is Everquest today, is another game; not the Everquest we played a long time ago.
When I first played Everquest under Verant, there was promises of free zone expansions under the original zones, something like the change done in lavastorm, and the Warrens addition.

GeorgeS
07-10-2006, 04:21 AM
Well that's the beauty of the emu - you can do what you want!

Titanium compatability has increased the number of emu users tremendously and fixing and improving what we have now is important.

GeorgeS