PDA

View Full Version : World Server source with public 1.03

zorprime
06-01-2002, 07:46 AM
I recently reported a crash to desktop situation when using the latest publiclogin 1.03 server. If I don't run the world server I can get to the server selection without crashing but obviously won't get anywhere. Could someone give me a pointer as to which part of world server source deals with registering with the login server? I believe there is an index out of bounds error somewhere causing my grief.

I'm currently running the world and zone servers on a laptop running Redhat 7.3... mysql and public login run on a windows box next to the laptop, no problems connecting to DB.

Thanks

DeletedUser
06-04-2002, 01:31 AM
add "Server" to the end of your worldname, when 0.3.4 comes out a new public login will come in so you do not have to type this

zorprime
06-04-2002, 02:16 AM
I already did the server thing... the problem I was having was a 1017, not a CTD. Interestingly I found a solution.

I was using eqgame patchme... one time playing around I used patchme and tried connecting to live and got the same results. So what I did is I ran EQ normally and let it do the file check. After that I switched eqhost to the address I wanted to connect to and it let me connect. Strange if you ask me.

Shawn319
06-04-2002, 08:25 AM
"eqgame patchme" is unsupported and known to cause problems. use EQW always.

zorprime
06-05-2002, 12:54 AM
with a gpf to eqgfx_dx8.dll - it even doesn't make it to server selection. I'm working fine now but I just have to fiddle f--k with eqhost and now whatever has been patched AFTER the patcher runs. I enjoy EQ full screen with no lag (I don't care much for EQW, runs too damn slow for me before anyways).

Shawn319
06-05-2002, 08:39 AM
EQW will not crash unless you did something we told you not to do (like running in 32bit color mode).

EQW is very nice because you can minimize it or put it away while you chat (or have it next to chat window so you can see that chat or a webpage while playing, which is very important because of my job).