Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Linux Servers

Archive::Linux Servers Archive area for Linux Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-01-2002, 07:46 AM
zorprime
Fire Beetle

Default World Server source with public 1.03

I recently reported a crash to desktop situation when using the latest publiclogin 1.03 server. If I don't run the world server I can get to the server selection without crashing but obviously won't get anywhere. Could someone give me a pointer as to which part of world server source deals with registering with the login server? I believe there is an index out of bounds error somewhere causing my grief.

I'm currently running the world and zone servers on a laptop running Redhat 7.3... mysql and public login run on a windows box next to the laptop, no problems connecting to DB.

Thanks
Old 06-04-2002, 01:31 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

add "Server" to the end of your worldname, when 0.3.4 comes out a new public login will come in so you do not have to type this
Old 06-04-2002, 02:16 AM
zorprime
Fire Beetle

Default no it's something else

I already did the server thing... the problem I was having was a 1017, not a CTD. Interestingly I found a solution.

I was using eqgame patchme... one time playing around I used patchme and tried connecting to live and got the same results. So what I did is I ran EQ normally and let it do the file check. After that I switched eqhost to the address I wanted to connect to and it let me connect. Strange if you ask me.
Old 06-04-2002, 08:25 AM
Shawn319
Demi-God

"eqgame patchme" is unsupported and known to cause problems. use EQW always.

(Retired)EQEmu Lead Tester
(Retired)EQEmu Tech Support

(Retired)Host/ServerOP - [LIVE] Official EQEmu Test Server
(Retired)Host/ServerOP - Shawn319's All-GM Dev Test Server
(Retired)ServerOP - EQEmu Beta Server
(Retired)ServerOP - GuildWars Server
(Retired)ServerOP - Raid Addicts
--------------------------
Old 06-05-2002, 12:54 AM
zorprime
Fire Beetle

Default EQW crashes on me...

with a gpf to eqgfx_dx8.dll - it even doesn't make it to server selection. I'm working fine now but I just have to fiddle f--k with eqhost and now whatever has been patched AFTER the patcher runs. I enjoy EQ full screen with no lag (I don't care much for EQW, runs too damn slow for me before anyways).
Old 06-05-2002, 08:39 AM
Shawn319
Demi-God

EQW will not crash unless you did something we told you not to do (like running in 32bit color mode).

EQW is very nice because you can minimize it or put it away while you chat (or have it next to chat window so you can see that chat or a webpage while playing, which is very important because of my job).

(Retired)EQEmu Lead Tester
(Retired)EQEmu Tech Support

(Retired)Host/ServerOP - [LIVE] Official EQEmu Test Server
(Retired)Host/ServerOP - Shawn319's All-GM Dev Test Server
(Retired)ServerOP - EQEmu Beta Server
(Retired)ServerOP - GuildWars Server
(Retired)ServerOP - Raid Addicts
--------------------------