PDA

View Full Version : Revamped Zones?

hayward6
08-07-2006, 07:09 AM
Does anyone have the new zones like Lavastorm and Nek Forest working? I've been working on getting the safe points done but I don't know how to mave the zone in points... if you run from Nek to east commons you just run into an invisible wall and thats where the zone point should be.

Angelox
08-07-2006, 08:03 AM
A search would get you this;
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18959&highlight=lavastorm
One way is to delete somefiles mentioned above, and is what I did

hayward6
08-07-2006, 11:19 AM
yeah I already pulled off that search and got that crappy answer :) going back to old is not an option I am willing to except! I will do what I can even if it takes me a year to get those new zones worked out.

on a side note... it's starting to become apparent that I should just message you with questions instead of posting them here, since you seem to always be the one answering them :) (thats my way of saying thank you)

Angelox
08-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Well, actually, I'm trying to hoax people into searching for stuff on their own , which is what we all should be doing.
That's not a crappy answer - I was so happy to find this solution some time ago, when I had no working Lavastorm or Nek Forest.
Everquest works in such a way, you have to "draw the line" somewhere and get to work on what you have.
I am really not interested in any of the "new" graphics Sony has to offer - What I would like to find, is something that got lost and pushed away many expansions ago. In fact, It appears SOE is starting to arrive at my conclusion also, with their "Progression Server" drive.
This is why I became a loyal EQEMU follower. I know that one day, we will have a working Everquest, very much like it used to be, some years ago.
Don't be hard on the other guys here - they got more RL stuff to do than me; I'm just an old "shmuck", that has plenty of time to kill behind my PC.
Im trying to find another option I used on my work I found but lost it - here is my perl quest though;

# TP to Stonebrunt event
# Zone: Gunthak

sub EVENT_SPAWN
{
$x = $npc->GetX();
$y = $npc->GetY();
quest::set_proximity($x - 50, $x + 50, $y - 50, $y + 50);
}

sub EVENT_ENTER
{
quest::movepc(100,-1514.9,-4166.8,-377.6);
}

This originally was Belfedia's idea - I just took it a few steps further. What happens here is, you have an "invisible" auto-translocator at the needed zone line - I called the npc "##" so no name would show up, and used the "shadowed man" characteristics , made the npc tiny (size 1). I then placed him as hidden as possible so no one could target him.
When you get to the zone line, you will have the same effect as zoning.