PDA

View Full Version : PoR+ Models

swish
08-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Hey guys,

I was wondering, is there anyway to use models that are higher than id# 500 ?
#race is limited to 500.
Now I know that 400-500 contains DoD, DoN and God's models and I think that PoR models are 500+.
I'v been trying to force load few PoR models. I'v tried to use the races through #spawn and put races between 500-600. They all showed as XXXX dummys =P

So I was just wondering on what it depends cause I find models very interesting =P There are some veeery cool models on PoR heh.

Anyway, thx and keep up the awesome work!

Swish.

InsaneWallaby
08-29-2006, 06:57 PM
I have no idea what the expac names are anymore, but I'm guessing you're talking about that, what, 11th or 12th expac now about Ro. Regardless, however much I know about the expansion, you cannot use the models with it at this time. Simply put, the files aren't there. Maybe in the future the devs would consider moving up to a further patch, depending on if another handy instance occurred (I.E. Everquest Crystal Edition with all 13 expacs or something stupid like that.) Right now, though, its easier to work with Titanium, I am sure, because if they got to where it was compatible with live, as it once possibly was (or at least was close), then there would be a jolly ol' DO NOT PATCH OR YOU ARE DOOMED sign up at the top of the forum in big bold red letters for a year again. Right now, if people want to play, they don't start asking stupid illegal things about how to get on after patching (as much), Mattmeck and co. stay happy, and the people go buy their Titanium edition to get on. Things change a lot if people want to play and find that there is no quick $20 solution to their problem. I'm sure this will change eventually when Sony eventually phases out Titanium, but that probably won't be for another few years I would think, and by then the EqEmu will have moved quite a bit further down the road.

So, yeah, sorry, there is no art there, and won't be until you move up in expacs. Because from 475 up all you have are DaVinci-posed naked humans, my guess is that 474 is as high as the model listing goes for the current expansion EqEmu is working off of. I suppose, if you really wanted to, there would possibly be some way to get your Ro expac and import the models into the game, but just the models, and likely not the gameplay. And that I'm not even sure of. Not to mention it would be a lot of work. My advice--wait for later. We've got 10 expacs full of stuff right now, and only three are populated, with all of those lacking certain qualities themselves (faction perfection, quests, and so on).

Oh, and to answer your question, yes, I believe there are probably races up to 65535. However, all of those races are null after 474, so therefore they just throw back the naked DaVinci human which is rather useless, or at least that is my guess. The devs of EqEmu might have included something to block people from attempting races over 500, however, just because races higher than 500 were totally unneeded at this time (as they are null), and they wanted to pity people and keep them from trying from 474 to 65535 within each zone to find races that weren't there, and 500 is a nice, even number to look at.

Last, the way the model system works with the numbers is that a number is applied to each model present within the game that the Sony developers found particularily important, be it a chest, a spider, or whatnot. As more expacs come out, there will be more models, and you can expect the number of usable, unique models to rise.

Hope I answered your question, and hopefully I answered it well and correctly enough. And yes, sorry, no more models than those 475 for now. I know what you mean; the variety of models is a fun thing, and its always something to look forward to.

swish
08-30-2006, 01:14 AM
Awesome =P Thz alot man heh.

Anyway, I wonder if you know any good way to force load models easly.
Untill now, I used to force load models up to DoD in a hard way heh.
Was wondering if you know how to match a model's code (xxx,xxx_chr) to a model number.
I mean, what is the easiest way to find a model's codes for the models I want ?

If you know it or not.. Thx anyway =P

Swish.

InsaneWallaby
08-30-2006, 11:28 AM
I wrote a program that compiled a list of all the models that were forced elsewhere within EQ. This, along with the previously global models, made up about 2/3 of the models in the game. If you want that, I can give you it, but it probably won't do a ton of good, because all it is is a list of stuff like sdr,sdr with no attached mob names, numbers, or pictures. I'm working on a simple Java program in free, bored time that allow people to force races into their zone of choice. It might be done in a week, it might be done in a month, it might not be done ever. Who knows, depends on how busy I get this semester and what the research guys have me doing for them. Looks like a bunch of matrix crud in C or C++ right now, so I'll probably be busy.

The best thing you can do, though, is find that eqemu guide that is floating around somewhere. It's a maze of broken links to find it, where one eventually works. It's helpful, since it gives a lot of race pictures, numbers, genders, textures, and forced models. It only goes up to about race 400 I believe, though. I can't remember how I got it, but you'll find it somewhere on these forums.

Also, to find that out, you MIGHT be able to figure it out by either looking at the model files in 3D shop pro (or max, cannot remember which) or with a hex editor, although I'm not quite sure about that. It's just a guess. Problems with both exist, though, since the former costs thousands of dollars, and the latter I have a feeling would not be possible let alone feasible, but there is a slight chance it could be written in there somewhere in the hex encoding. I tend to stay away from hex editors, though, especially after the one I used crashed while I was working in word and totally corrupted a chunk of my file system, which was really odd but really bad. I've only had rare uses for them, and after that experience, I don't like 'em much.

Oh, and one thing I can tell you is this--DO NOT force aux,aux. It crashed my game every time I tried it. Don't ask me why, but it did.

mattmeck
08-30-2006, 12:21 PM
You mean THIS GUIDE? (http://mattmeck.scorpious2k.net/Guidebook13.rar)

InsaneWallaby
08-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Erm, another broken link... I'll edit my post and see if I can find the one with it on it.

I believe that's the guide I'm talking about though.

Nevermind, Jeff beat me to the punch.

jeffpuff
08-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Corrected Link (http://mattmeck.scorpious2k.net/Guidebook13.rar)

mattmeck
08-30-2006, 01:48 PM
my link is fixed, and it is a working host because I have been hosting it there since the day is was completed =)

Thanks jeff, one missing "t" /sigh

swish
08-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks guys =P Appreciate the help!

Swish.