PDA

View Full Version : Multiple accounts from one ip.

valcree
02-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Alright, so you want people to be able to log into multiple accounts from a web page. Here's one way to do it. There's would be a much easier way to do it if minilogin would hand the encrypted password to the world server. I'm guessing the opcode for the password is off, or minilogin just doesn't bother to send it through. Anyways... This method works by requiring the end user to log into a web page before they log into the emu server, if they have multiple accounts.

Well the first thing you want to do is log into mysql and alter the accounts table.

alter table account add column zlock tinyint(1);

valcree
02-09-2007, 08:12 AM
Alright... I did this entire write up and tried to post the entire source of the code changes. I think I'm bumping into a message length error. The forum keeps telling me the following.

The requested URL /forums/newthread.php was not found on this server.

So.. I figured okay.. I need to upload this as a text attachment.. So I tossed the whole thing into a text file and tried that. I got the following error.

Not Found

The requested URL /forums/newattachment.php was not found on this server.

What gives?

morganpartee
02-09-2007, 04:12 PM
i really dunno...but i wish someone out there...(or me, but iono how...lol)
would put out a login server in which you could add Accnts rather than adding IPs. (im going to a 50-100 person lan tommorow, and might wanna pla eq some...oh well...lol) that would make easier work setting up, and accounts would be accessable by any computer. So pretty much release the public login. lol ;)

mattmeck
02-10-2007, 12:32 AM
This is stated elsewhere but I will restate,

The reason the LS is not handed out is, it has to use the same crypto that live uses, this means anyone who has it can then figure out an easy way to hack live accounts.

A second reason is, anyone here ever try the WOWEmu? changing your EQhost every damn time you want to try a new server sucks. Ever public server is easy to find, and we don't need a team of people keeping a current list going!

There is several work a rounds to allow people to use different IP's,

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21344
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21072&highlight=Hamachi

There is 2 right off the bat, but everyone realize, we are trying to keep everyone together for a reason.

Angelox
02-10-2007, 03:17 AM
You forgot this one Matt;
http://eqemulator.net/forums/showpost.php?p=128844&postcount=15
I think this is probably the coolest of all fixes for that - I use it on my LAN and for friends that come in from the outside (with Mini-Login).
Once they figure out how to use this (very simple), users will have passwords and all with Mini Login. Also, you can have players come in from out side the Lan and play with them in the Lan.
If you don't have a web site or php, you can probably set it up at any web location.

The message error is usually because it has exceeded the limit.

valcree
02-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Just a bit of an update. After taking a look at the networking section and how it worked, I realized there were no problems there. It ended up being of all things, a bad network cable on one of the test pcs. To make a long story short, yesterday I had two computers connected from the same ip address. The only problem I found was that the first account to log in could not tell the second account for some reason. I'm digging into that. Zoning worked like a charm, even when the characters zoned at the same time. Anyways, I'll try to post my code here once I have the recent changes I've made running on my server for a couple days.

Angelox
02-16-2007, 10:46 AM
We gave you solutions here, but you have to read/try them

valcree
02-16-2007, 12:18 PM
That's interesting. I thought you were both replying to morganpartee and not to my post. Yeah I took a brief look at what you guys are using, and I'm doing the same thing except with perl.

I am/was not talking about an auth/minilogin problem or work around. I've been working on getting two clients to connect from the same ip address at the same time. Basically... running two clients behind one nat ip address. Therotically you should be able to connect to the emu server twice from the same computer, but I haven't tested that yet. Anyways, I've got it working and spent most of yesterday playing/connected two computers that were behind one ip address. If anyone is interested in this ablity, I'll post what I did to get it working. Otherwise I'll tuck my tail and go away. lol.

Cree