PDA

View Full Version : New Class?

morganpartee
02-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Has anyone done a Wiki or the like on how to create your own class?

I think it'd be great fun...have Godzilla runnin round kelethin...etc etc. lol

Thanks for the time all! ;)

KLS
02-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Creating your own class wouldn't be an easy task, you're a bit limited by the client's class structure. You could probably do subclasses of a main class in code if you wanted but it would require some decent knowledge of how the client and server work and interact.

Course if you just want a giant monster running around kelethin you don't need a new class for that. =p

mattmeck
02-10-2007, 12:34 AM
EQEmu as it is can NOT support new classes, they are hard coded into the client.

However check out windcatchers section of the forums (openzone, openspell, simpleclient, etc) and you will see that it IS being worked on =)

Kayot
02-10-2007, 05:05 PM
^-^ Is it possible to make it so a Race can use classes that it normally can't? I'd love to have a DE Druid. Talk about the role playing needed there.

Me - I'm a druid.
Them - ?!? Your a DE
Me - Ya, well you see. One day last spring--

WildcardX
02-10-2007, 05:59 PM
yes it is. although I am new sure this will work at character select. But i know off the top of my head that for sure you can convert a wood elf ranger into a dark elf ranger.

KLS
02-10-2007, 06:27 PM
You can change a lot of things with classes/races but what the client does at character select is fixed so any changes have to be done in game, you can't create new class/race combos that you can make from the character create screen.. with in game quests or GM commands though~

morganpartee
02-11-2007, 03:26 AM
yes it would be fun if that was doable... and prolly is...

be something like a gnome berzerker...lol

Me- I walk softly, and carry a big stick.

Kayot
02-11-2007, 04:00 AM
^-^ Maybe theres a way to bit hack the client so the buttons don't disable? But, this probably is a bad idea due to the certain files it effects. So maybe a trainer that runs on the outside? (It's very doable) I guess it really comes down to the server. If there isn't a starting zone for that race/class combo, I wonder if it kicks it out?

mattmeck
02-11-2007, 05:05 AM
messing with the client is against the law and wont happen in this community.

morganpartee
02-11-2007, 08:15 AM
so then trainers are illegal? awwww...lol

looks like my years of playing rollercoaster tycoon was illegal. DOH lol.

but it would be fun to have a trainer...(NOT FOR LIVE USE) :D

Windcatcher
02-11-2007, 02:19 PM
We'll be coming out with our own client this year (the major bottleneck at this point is item icons, believe it or not). When we do, that side of the equation will be solved and it will come down to adding support at the server end.

gernblan
02-12-2007, 02:09 AM
^-^ Is it possible to make it so a Race can use classes that it normally can't? I'd love to have a DE Druid. Talk about the role playing needed there.

Me - I'm a druid.
Them - ?!? Your a DE
Me - Ya, well you see. One day last spring--

Yes it is, but why would you want to? Other than the cool factor... you'll screw yourself on gear pretty bad, as most of it is keyed to certain races. Best thing to do? Hack around with illusion spells, make them last forever. Then figure out how to make illusions last across zones.

Best part of this?

Can click it off (or not), it can be player controlled, and aside from having to push a new spells file to your players (which WILL hose them on other servers unless you're kind and make these super illusion spells some unused IDs), shouldn't be too big of a deal to pull off.

gernblan
02-12-2007, 02:12 AM
We'll be coming out with our own client this year (the major bottleneck at this point is item icons, believe it or not). When we do, that side of the equation will be solved and it will come down to adding support at the server end.

That is EXCITING!!!

Will the client be GPL too?

Or at LEAST expose variables to tweak?

morganpartee
02-12-2007, 01:57 PM
well...i think a new race would be fun too...i wanna be a giant. size 100. lol

Kayot
02-14-2007, 03:08 AM
I won't screw myself on gear. I'll run a few basic sql commands and bang! A DE could use Druid Gear. Thats what would make it fun.

gernblan
02-16-2007, 07:54 PM
I won't screw myself on gear. I'll run a few basic sql commands and bang! A DE could use Druid Gear. Thats what would make it fun.

Good, good point :)

Then you'd really be full custom :)