PDA

View Full Version : setguild() bug maybe?

HnathBST
04-04-2007, 09:00 PM
anyone else having a problem with quest::setguild ?

heres my code, maybe I did something wrong

if($text=~/hail/i){
quest::setguild(1,0);}
}

and I have triple, no quadruple checked my database. I have a guild-1 and rank-0

Hnath

samandhi
04-05-2007, 06:42 AM
I am not very familiar with perl but isnt the "}" (closing curly brace) not supposed to be there after this line?:
quest::setguild(1,0);}

Well, that or the one on the next line (one of the two)????

HnathBST
04-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Yea sorry... lol I copied from my quest.pl file and included the sub say{ closing curly bracket... everything else in code runs fine thou.

samandhi
04-05-2007, 04:54 PM
syntax is right.. all other quests work ok?

HnathBST
04-05-2007, 06:43 PM
yep even that particular npc's quest runs fine except for setting the guild.

I have tried reversing the numbers, quotes, everything... nothing, I did see a bug report in another form...

Hnath

samandhi
04-06-2007, 03:54 AM
Have you checked your guild memebers table to see if your character id is listed? And if it is, is the guild id and guild rank correct?
Kind of at a loss here, just throwing out some ideas... has to be something in your db that is not jiving....(I would assume)

jeardoebj
04-07-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I believe there is either a zone.exe or world.exe bug that precludes setguild() and I think there might be a fix for it. Ask around in #perl or ask Striat maybe.

HnathBST
04-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Thanks, Im gonna try pming striat and see if he knows anything. It could be possible that the command is not liking me having mysql 5.x instead of 4.x.

I'm using the Ax_Peq Database I think thats just the standard peq database w/ additional spawns and such. as far as I know there are no structrial differences.

I certainly could be wrong (I havn't examined the structure.) But I do believe that the version mis-match could pose a problem... I know a bit about mysql commands and I do believe there were a few changes with the update command.

Will post what I find.
Thanks
Hnath