PDA

View Full Version : Pet control unseen casters

valcree
05-13-2007, 09:36 AM
It seems that every mob that casts on the mob you are fighting gets added to your pet's hate list. That seems logical, but it's not how I remember it in eq. I don't remember pets running off and bringing huge trains of mobs back to the group durring a fight. Though.. I haven't played eq for a while. Anyways I decided to make my pets more controllable since people were tending to avoid pet classes on my server, or just not making pets even though they could.

In attack.cpp in AddToHateList add...

if(IsPet() && IsEngaged()){
return;
}

Before...

if(IsPet() && GetOwner() && GetOwner()->GetAA(aaPetDiscipline) && IsHeld()){
return;
}

Yes, I know... Another shameless hack, but pets are very well behaved after it. -Grin-

cavedude
05-13-2007, 10:07 AM
I don't remember pets running off and bringing huge trains of mobs back to the group durring a fight.

That actually made me laugh out loud. If that never happened to you, you were very lucky. I remember way back when it was fairly common to find your pet gone during a fight only to come back with several new adds to the party.

The real problem with pets isn't their control, it's actually better on EQEmu than it was on Live. The problem is their dps. Often times it isn't even worth it to bring out your pet. That's being worked on by KLS currently if I'm not mistaken.

Angelox
05-13-2007, 11:05 AM
I remember a time when a player in the group could go LD , and would remain in the group tell he logged in again.

valcree
05-13-2007, 02:50 PM
I guess I got pretty lucky then. That, or more likely, I've got a very horrible memory.. I also noticed that mobs/pets don't seem to be appling weapon dmg. Like you can hand your pet or a mob some uber weapon, and they still hit for base dmg. Anyways.. thnx for the replies heh

Bladequester
05-24-2007, 08:33 AM
I remember if a group member went LD, their pet would turn and attack you...

mattmeck
05-24-2007, 08:50 AM
Had 2 wiped in Anguish this past weekend because of pets running off and training mobs back.

This still happens even today if people don't watch what there doing.

Angelox
05-24-2007, 10:57 AM
This is pretty good, as it follows Everquest as it is, but not as it was before. Thing is, we have to decide what we want.
It would be nice to have an option somwhere that would enable or disable it. Personally, I never liked the pet fetching a big wad of mobs to the group, and getting wiped out for no good reason.
As it is now, the pet builds so much aggro, he begins to random-fight with everything around him, and that never was, neither before or now. If this works, at least it will be as it is now (I'm gonna try it out).

I have another puzzle for you Valcree;
I noticed when you log out invisible and expect to log back in invisible, that doesn't happen (if you're camped by aggro, you get jumped). I think what happens is, the server doesn't know you're invisible for a few seconds, and shows you off to the mobs. Maybe make all PC's invisble or indifferent for 5-10 seconds tell the server catches up with the client?

It seems that every mob that casts on the mob you are fighting gets added to your pet's hate list. That seems logical, but it's not how I remember it in eq. I don't remember pets running off and bringing huge trains of mobs back to the group durring a fight. Though.. I haven't played eq for a while. Anyways I decided to make my pets more controllable since people were tending to avoid pet classes on my server, or just not making pets even though they could.

In attack.cpp in AddToHateList add...

if(IsPet() && IsEngaged()){
return;
}

Before...

if(IsPet() && GetOwner() && GetOwner()->GetAA(aaPetDiscipline) && IsHeld()){
return;
}

Yes, I know... Another shameless hack, but pets are very well behaved after it. -Grin-

techguy84
05-24-2007, 02:39 PM
I don't remember pets running off and bringing huge trains of mobs back to the group durring a fight.

Hahaha, This was the bane of my mage. I always prayed for a good outing with my pets as they tend to give me the finger and go do as they please. Seriously, none of them would pass a drug test because they were all blazed on PCP. Stupid superman syndrome, thinking they can take on the zone.

ChaosSlayer
05-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Hahaha, This was the bane of my mage. I always prayed for a good outing with my pets as they tend to give me the finger and go do as they please. Seriously, none of them would pass a drug test because they were all blazed on PCP. Stupid superman syndrome, thinking they can take on the zone.

there use to be a series of pet jokes back on original eq1 newbee board on the subject what your pet thinks behind your back.

One of them goes like this:

Necro pet gets lost in Unrest...then suddenly reappears with huge train behind him and says: "Master!! Look whom I found: its my uncle, my 2 sisters and my grandpa too!"