PDA

View Full Version : Weird CHA in spells

ChaosSlayer
05-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Hello everyone.

I am sorry if this was already answered but I can't figure a good way to search for my topic cuase search engine will not take 3 letter words =)

The 1st Question is- whats with all the CHA in spells?
In number of spells there is LOTS of empty CHA effect lines.
In Yaulp it goes CHA, CHA, STR, CHA, somthing else

what those CHA do? (i am viewing spells using spell editor i got off this site)
Are they some kind of unidentified spell modifiers?

Another important thing- what is duration TYPE? How do they differ?

Also, i did not found anything spell stacking related or how it works - could some point me in right direction please?
And finaly question on formulas: for exmaple in Ice Comet the ffect type is set as Multyplayer something, whiel most other nukes have MIn100 etc
Could someone explain the diffirence please?

Thank You for your time!

uncommon
05-17-2007, 07:54 PM
These CHA value does nothing, it's just a sort of spacer i think. If you look, all these adds 0 CHA.

About stacking, i think i figured how it works but i'm not at home. Will explain once i got back home.

Edit : Had my notes on my usb key so here is what i figured about.

Look at Ancient Aego for exemple :
1: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 3 is effect 'Max Hitpoints' and < 1300
2: Increase Max Hitpoints by 1300
3: Increase HP when cast by 1300
4: Increase AC by 69
5: Stacking: Overwrite existing spell if slot 3 is effect 'Max Hitpoints' and < 1300

Slot 1 type is 148 (Stacking1), min value is 69 value2 1300 formula 203.
The 69 refer to the "Total HP" type. From here it's pretty self explaining : it will block any spell that has a slot 3 type 69 effect that adds less than 1300 hps.
Slot 5 type is 149 (Stacking2). Basically the same thing except it will overwrite anything that has a slot slot 3 type 69 effect that adds less than 1300 hps.

The formula define what slot the spell should look at. 201 for exemple will check what's in the slot 1.

Take Focus of the seventh for another exemple :
1: Increase Max Hitpoints by 544
2: Increase HP when cast by 544
4: Increase STR by 75
5: Increase DEX by 70
6: Stacking: Overwrite existing spell if slot 1 is effect 'STR' and < 75
7: Stacking: Overwrite existing spell if slot 1 is effect 'DEX' and < 70
8: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 1 is effect 'STR' and < 1075
9: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 1 is effect 'DEX' and < 1070

Slot 6 is type 149 min value is 4 (which is STR) value2 is 75 and the formula is 201. It looks what's in the slot 1 and will overwrite any spells that adds less than 75str.

vales
05-18-2007, 03:25 AM
If this is the same CHA we're talking about, does it affect gameplay yet? It's been a while since I've last played, so I haven't noticed anything and I can't test it due to the lack of a server to play on.

I can understand about the buffers probably being a timing thing, but what I really want to know if CHA has been implemented the way it should. Back when I played, I didn't notice a diffrence in merchant price with a higher CHA.

CHA has a lot of functionality as well. Not only do you get better prices from merchants, but for Enchanters, your charm/mez line lasts longer and has a better chance to land. And also, a low CHA for Necros and SKs give the fear line of spells a better chance of landing and taking the full duration.

I don't think it woud be a huge undertaking to code, but what do I know. Maybe KLS can implement something. *nudge nudge* :D

ChaosSlayer
05-18-2007, 03:36 PM
no actuly i was referign to OTHER CHA =)

There are 0 CHA modifiers used in some spells.
I am not sure what spacer role they play and why - cuase soem times they present and sometimes they not.
For exmaple some buffs have 4 separate effecst wihotu any "spacers", while Yaulp has only 2 effects YET 4x CHA=0 modifiers in betwen

On Stacking - thanks - thats makes things a bit more clear, but few things still not clear.
I remeber most DoT never stacked, yet i can't seem to find stack checkers on them.

And once again- thats Duration Type thing is bothering me - ist not beeing constant. Perhaps it represnts power of the buff when you trying to dispell?
But then i found some high end spells can have duration type of 1.. so its still puzzling.

uncommon
05-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Found a few variation of duration formula that i used.
11, for exemple, will make a discipline cost x endurance/second.
2 will make a discpline cost x endurance and that's all.

Think it's used for that kind of thing.

For spells, i don't really know, buffs for exemple will use the duration formula 3, cleric hots 4, some shm hots 10 etc... Best way to know what it really does is to change them and test in game really.

About CHA again, i made a bunch of custom spells to test a few things and never used any CHA "spacer", everything worked as expected.