PDA

View Full Version : newbie and low levels zones

stormgod
06-10-2002, 01:19 AM
ok I dont know if this is possible but if we could define for each newbie low level zones which kind of mobs can spawn on different spawn points and if we could make the zone server check if the spawn point or the spawn ID (by giving an ID to each creature spawned ) is empty then respawn one.

what I mean is , on live servers when you are in a newbie zone , spawn points doesnt seems to be regular , they can spawn almost any of the low level creatures of the zone , snake beetles rat orc pawns for exemple in west fp or east fp.
we could define those kind of spawns in a standalone filelike that :

freportw.spw
[1]
{
fire_beetle,15%,spawngroupid
large_rat,20%,spawngroupid
snake,30%,spawngroupid
orc_pawn,20%,spawngroupid
bat,13%,spawngroupid
orc_apprentice,2%,spawngroupid
}

[2]
{
}

[positions]
{
[1]3,x,y,z,x,y,z,x,y,z //3 would be the number of spawn IDs for category 1
[2]2,x,y,z,x,y,z
or
[1],3 //3 would be the number of spawn IDs for category 1
x,y,z
x,y,z
x,y,z
[2],2
x,y,z
x,y,z
}
percent would be the percent of chance for a type of defined mob to spawn when a spawn id is empty.

after that only need is to define spawn points for category [1] , [2] and the like. nro could use this system to spawn spiders jackal , asp , madmens

I dont know if its possible to do this , but this is how I see it , it would be a really good first step before adding movement to those spawns (they usually are the roaming ones )

Baron Sprite
06-10-2002, 03:36 PM
sounds like a good idea to me ;)

Lurker_005
06-11-2002, 10:50 AM
The emu supports random spawning of different mobs like you seem to want. No one has done much work with this yet.

It works like the random loot works, and that is why there are spawngroups. Granted in all current DB's that I know of the spawngroups are set to 1 mob 100% of the time. This is because most of the spawns are created from loging EQlive.

stormgod
06-11-2002, 11:59 AM
then I guess that I will have to use spawngroups ;)

Jay
06-13-2002, 12:47 PM
It is quite simple to utilize the random spawning. You simply need to know the variaitons of spawns for the single spawn location. And levels can be random as well. Just create the individual npcs and then when you assign the spawn group for a location, add all the npc's you wish to possibly appear there and the chance of which an npc is likely to pop. This is the system I use for my still unreleased DB. It adds more random elements to the game, thus making it more interesting. I don't like knowing that the exact same spawn will appear in the same location every time. :) Play with it a bit. You'll like it.