PDA

View Full Version : Question in code

sonicintuition
09-05-2007, 05:03 PM
From features.h:

//THESE ARE BROKEN RIGHT NOW:
//enable these to prevent mob hopping when they are pathing
//#define FIX_PATHING_WHEN_MOVING // expensive but accurate
//fix Z on sendto as well, if you still have hopping problems.
//#define FIX_SENDTO_Z

How hard would this be to fix? I'm not really a coder, yet, but I do like to tinker. I'm sure this isn't something I'd be able to handle, but I'm curious as to how deep this goes and how broken it really is?

Regards,
Sonic

oldlurker
09-06-2007, 03:22 AM
Just thinking aloud:
Well, maybe instead of compensating for bad or missing waypoints on the fly someone could modify this code to an auto corrector that runs through all pathings in a zone and generates sql inserts with new/corrected waypoints in a logfile.

Zandig
11-23-2007, 03:34 AM
Any head-way into this?

This annoying problem has been around for a while now. Fixing this nagging problem would make the emu so much better.

Apparently this problem did not exist in the past. Was it introduced with 0.70?

Theeper
11-23-2007, 10:02 AM
This annoying problem has been around for a while now

Apparently this problem did not exist in the past

huh ?

The Z axis problem was fixed a long time ago AFAIK. I haven't noticed it being back. If you're still having hopping mobs, you need to adjust the Z on the waypoints, or possibly put in another WP to make sure your grids are using as close to straight lines (in the z axis) as possible. Keep in mind that Z axis is not 'from the floor'. Mobs of different height have different Z's. So, if you want to make a grid, make your character use a model of the same height. If possible, use the same model and size.

Zandig
11-23-2007, 04:07 PM
huh ?

The Z axis problem was fixed a long time ago AFAIK.

This would be news to me as I'm still experiencing hopping mobs with the latest code and latest PEQ database.

Theeper
11-23-2007, 05:02 PM
It's the grids causing the hopping mobs. I just made some grids tonite that don't hop at all and I have seen plenty of mobs that don't hop that I didn't create. Granted there is a ton that do hop and the server could probably handle pathing better, but it seems to work fine for me if I make the grid properly.