PDA

View Full Version : Changing Race/Flymode on a per zone basis

Toriad
02-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Im trying to make it so you can change the Race of a player, via a db entry on a per zone basis. THE DB part is fine, but I'm having trouble with the race.

IF I use ns->spawn.race. I can only do the playable races, no other ones, Example SSERU Inquisitor seru.

The Command uses sendIllusionPacket, which I dont mind doing but I have no idea where the hell I am supposed to find a place to put that, as i cannot put it where I would normally put ns->spawn.race... Any ideas?

AndMetal
02-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Im trying to make it so you can change the Race of a player, via a db entry on a per zone basis. THE DB part is fine, but I'm having trouble with the race.

I guess my first question would be this: are you trying to do this via quest, # command, or directly into the database (after character creation)?

ChaosSlayer
02-12-2008, 05:59 AM
i have a related question: can i permanently incrse player size? for specific race? I decided that dwarves should be taller :cool:

Toriad
02-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Actually I figured it out, my error wasn't in the DB it was in actually changing the race... I pulled a moron and didn't know that you could use Client things in client.cpp without calling client..

so instead of just doing SendAppearancePacket... I kept trying to do something like c->SendAppearncePacket... >.>

Yeah... Im a moron... Thanks though.