PDA

View Full Version : Running mobs??

ChaosSlayer
02-13-2008, 06:52 AM
I am not sure if this part of mobs quest or part of mobs grid path...

Basicly whenever I set mob to patrul or roam around - it walks.
How do I make it RUN instead?

cavedude
02-13-2008, 07:00 AM
Easiest way is to add SoW to its spell list. A NPC will automatically buff itself when it pops.

ChaosSlayer
02-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Easiest way is to add SoW to its spell list. A NPC will automatically buff itself when it pops.

posible, but not truly the same - the NPC -even sowed will stil WALK - faster, but still not going to run.

There is a mob in Guntack in PEQ DB called an_ogre_citizen - this mob RUNS around, and so far I can't seem to find out HOW

So_1337
02-13-2008, 08:52 AM
How about changing its run speed in the npc_types table?

ChaosSlayer
02-13-2008, 09:01 AM
How about changing its run speed in the npc_types table?

I should look how that specific ogre is set speed wise, but thats not exactly what I am lookign for.

Even if mob default speed is SOW speed -when he is ordered to roam around or patrul - he uses hsi "walk" speed which a %% of his total run speed- same way a player "walks" if you turn off your "run" button

However when you agro a walking mob - he will RUN to you with its max possible speed. If you just give him very high speed so he walks fast- he runnign speed will be INSANE once he becomes agroed.

So the goal is to get him to RUN using normal speed =)

ChaosSlayer
02-13-2008, 12:14 PM
I checked the DB for any info relevant to the mob in question (the mob who RUNS) The mob has a NORMAL run speed just like all other mobs around him (1.25), there is NOTHING special in his quest file, neither in his grid path info (got to A, pause for 45 sec, go to B, puase 45 sec, go back to A)

YET.. IT RUNS!!!

Ideas??? :-?

Congdar
02-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Try this, I've used 999 but don't use that number, use one that seems right for your npc.

update npc_types set npc_spells_id=999 where name='My_Running_Mob';
insert into npc_spells (id, name, parent_list) values (999, 'Cast_SoW', 0);
insert into npc_spells_entries (npc_spells_id, spellid, type, minlevel, maxlevel, manacost, recast_delay, priority) values (999, 278, 8, 50, -1, -1, 0);

Your npc should spawn, cast Spirit of Wolf on itself, and Run along the patrolling grid.

Congdar
02-13-2008, 01:37 PM
If your npc normally should cast other spells, change the value of parent_list in the npc_spells entry to that of the correct class.

1 = cleric
2 = wizard
3 = necromancer
4 = magician
5 = enchanter
6 = shaman
7 = druid
8 = paladin
9 = shadowknight
10 = ranger
11 = bard
12 = beastlord

ChaosSlayer
02-13-2008, 03:12 PM
well... no =)

The NPC will SOW itself.. and WALK =)
It will walk faster than normal, but still- he will walk, not run

To show a counter-example, the ogre in question , is a non caster, has no spell list assigned to him...yet he RUNS =)

rojadruid
02-13-2008, 04:41 PM
well... no =)

The NPC will SOW itself.. and WALK =)
It will walk faster than normal, but still- he will walk, not run

To show a counter-example, the ogre in question , is a non caster, has no spell list assigned to him...yet he RUNS =)

The only thing that I could sugjest would be to export that ogre to a sql statment then change the name,zone and spawn loc for him and re-inserthim to see if the new mob runs and not walk.

Congdar
02-13-2008, 04:42 PM
not sure what the differences are, but my example works on my server.