PDA

View Full Version : EQEmu-0.7.0-1110b - Unofficial Release

trevius
06-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Well, I didn't know where else to post this, so I am adding it here. Mods, feel free to move it if you like or delete it if it's against the rules to post modified source downloads.

This is the 1110 code with some of the added features that have been submitted in the Development Server Code Submissions forum.

Added Features:

/rewind - This is code submitted by TheLieka to give players a command that can be used to get unstuck if they get stuck in a wall, tree, whatever. It checks locations that the player was recently at and will move them to one of those locations. From the testing I have done, it only moves the players a few feet from where they currently are, which is just enough to get them unstuck from whatever they are in. They must stand still for 30 or more seconds before the command will move them.

IP Limiting - This is more code submitted by TheLieka and this one is to allow server admins to limit how many connections can be made per IP address. There are rules that go with this feature so that admins can decide to enable or completely disable this option. They can also set how many connections they want per IP. Basically, this is to limit the number of multiple accounts people can play from 1 household. Many servers have shown interest in this, so I figured it would be a nice thing to add.

#fixmob adjustments - This is a minor adjustment that I wrote to the #fixmob command. Basically, #fixmob lets you change the race, texture or gender of an NPC with 1 command. This is nice if you make hokeys like "#fixmob nextrace", "#fixmob prevrace", "#fixmob nexttexture", "#fixmob prevtexture", and "#fixmob gender". You can find all of the options for this command by typing "#help fixmob". The adjustment I made to it was to allow it to go to texture 0, removed gender 3 since it isn't used, and to allow it to go to race 473 so that it includes all races. Previously it only went to race 329 I thik.

The source for this code can be found here:

http://stormhavenserver.com/downloads/EQEmu-0.7.0-1110b.zip

I also did a windows compile, but I am not 100% sure it worked, though it completed without any errors. I did not add all of the files that the normal win32 download has, but I added the ones that you need for these changes to work. All you do is paste these in your eqemu directory and overwrite your current files there. You probably want to backup your current files or keep a copy of the normal 1110 win32 download just incase something is wrong with it.

http://stormhavenserver.com/downloads/Custom_EQEmu_Build-1110b.zip

I have tested /rewind and #fixmob and they both work perfectly. I have not tested the IP limiting yet, because I don't want to use IP limiting on my server right now. But, the IP limiting compiled perfectly, so I imagine it works just fine. I currently have mine disabled and I have no issues that I have noticed so far.

Also, while I am posting some of the stuff I have been making for my server, I figured I might as well post the custom spell files I use. I have 2 versions of the spell file. One is for the server and includes 20k+ spells and the other is for the client and only includes 10k spells, because that is the limit that the client can load.

The reason that I made the server version have all 20k+ spells is so that the server knows almost all possible spells available up to live. This means that gear that has unknown focus effects should no longer cause zone crashes. They will still mostly show up as unknown to the client, because it isn't able to load all of the spells, but the server will known about it and that will keep it from crashing the zone.

What I did to create these spell files was to take all of the Titanium spells which go up to about 8300 or so and then added the Live spells from 8300 and up. This means that the spell file is 100% compatible with players who don't have the custom spell file on their end as long as they have a normal titanium spell file. So, if you don't want to require a custom file download for your server, you don't have to.

Next, I added in about 300 spells for levels 71 to 75 directly after the Titanium spells. This did overwrite a few of the focus effects from live, so it does still have a slight chance of causing a zone crash from unknown focus effects, but not much of one. I have every RK1 spell for level 71 to 75 included, but I removed the RK2s and RK3s to reduce the amount of spells and also because they are overpowering and no one would use the lesser forms of the spells if the higher ones where there. In order for players to be able to use these 71 to 75 spells, they do have to download the custom client spell file that I am going to post here. They will not work without them. Of course, this is only applicable to servers that have the max level set to 75 on their server.

Last, I fixed a few broken standard Titanium spells that are well known to have issues. I think the problem is that they added the spells in but they weren't complete at the time of the Titanium release, so they are still broken for all emu users. I corrected these so that they work now. The fixes I did for this was for all of the mid level special healing spells for druid, shaman and cleric. Also, a couple random spells in there. I also fixed the level 57 warrior disc, Rage. Finally, I fixed a balance issue with the Evasive discipline for the warrior that in recent patches was set to cause a warrior to be almost completely unhittable for the 3 minute duration. Now, it is slightly less useful than stonewall is, which is about where it should be. For all of these fixes, players will need to download the custom client spell file as well.

Here is the server version of the spell file:
1. Right click on the link below and select "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As...", whichever of those options right click gives you.

http://stormhavenserver.com/spells_us.txt

2. Find your EQEmu directory. It should be in C:\EQEmu.

3. Click "Save" and you are all done.

And here is the client version of the spell file:
1. Right click on the link below and select "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As...", whichever of those options right click gives you.

http://stormhavenserver.com/downloads/spells_us.txt

2. Find your Everquest directory. It should be in either C:\Program Files\Everquest or C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest.

3. Click "Save" and you are all done. Now just exit Everquest completely and restart it and you are set!

NOTE: These Spell files have the exact same name, so don't download them to the same directory.

Players will most likely want to download the latest spell file descriptions from live here:
http://patch.everquest.com:7000/patch/everquest/main/dbstr_us.txt

The spell descriptions file is mainly for the 70+ spells though. So, it isn't really required for most servers that only go up to 70 or lower.

I probably won't be hosting these files indefinitely, so please don't link your players to them for downloads. Host them on your own server if possible so they don't use up my server bandwidth, please lol.

Enjoy!

P.S. Mods, feel free to edit this post and remove any of the links if they are against the rules.

davood3
06-04-2008, 10:56 AM
thanks for that info... the spell db stuff will be very helpful!

Angelox
06-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Good idea, thanks for your help trevius - If traffic gets too heavy and you need a place to post files, we can use Rathe Forums

John Adams
06-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Wow, nice stuff! Mirrored here (http://www.mmoemulators.com/index.php?page=6) so I don't lose them. :) I zipped the txt files though since they were just so fat.

trevius
06-04-2008, 05:47 PM
There are 2 new rule_values that should be added as well, that I forgot to put in the original post:

Insert into rule_values values (0, 'World:MaxClientsPerIP', -1);
Insert into rule_values values (0, 'World:ExemptMaxClientsStatus', -1);

World:MaxClientsPerIP = Maximum number of simultaneous EQ Client connections allowed per IP address. Set the rule value to -1 to disable this feature.

World:ExemptMaxClientsStatus = Minimum Account status to exempt the MaxClientsPerIP rule. This is helpful for the inevitable random family of 16 that live together, and all want to play on your server, as well as GMs, Devs, and QA staff. Again, set the rule value to -1 to disable this feature.

So far, everything still seems ok on this version on my Linux box. I also updated all of my .map files from the new ones Angelox created and they are great as well. The only odd thing I noticed this morning is that it seems my NPCs in one of my high level zones who are supposed to be on the same faction are now attacking each other when they get in agro range. I checked a few other zones and this definitely wasn't the case in the others I checked. So, I assume someone either did something weird in the zone or one of my guides was messing around and hosed something up. I figured it was worth mentioning though incase others see it. From the things that I added in this version, I don't see any reason why it would have caused something like this anyway. I didn't have much time to check into it before work today, but I will investigate that later and figure it out.

trevius
06-05-2008, 04:11 AM
I just checked and I was correct. One of my guides did set the default KoS faction for them to kill each other lol. Had to correct that and give them a little scolding :P

So, it looks like the build works great. No other issues seen yet. I may try doing another one soon and get a bunch more of the new stuff in it as well.

John Adams
06-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Trevius, could you create a diff between 1110 and 1110b? I'd like to try out your changes with the Bots code and I am too lazy to merge them myself. If not I can figure something else out.

Andrew80k
06-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Trevius, could you create a diff between 1110 and 1110b? I'd like to try out your changes with the Bots code and I am too lazy to merge them myself. If not I can figure something else out.
I'd like to see this as well. I use the bot code and would like to incorporate Trevius' changes as well.

trevius
06-06-2008, 12:30 AM
None of these changes are actually mine other than the #fixmob one. All of them are posted in the code submission section and are stickied to get added to the source at some point.

If you want a diff, I imagine it would be easier to just get winmerge and download this 1110b and 1110 and diff the entire directories all at once. But as far as adding the code to some already custom code, you probably will want to use the original posts because I think they all show exactly where to put the changed code instead of just giving a line number.

If you still want a diff, I can probably do one soon, but I don't have much time for it tonight.

John Adams
06-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Nah, after posting that I realized how lazy I sounded... because you're right. I have 1110, 1110bots, and 1110b. I had a momentary lapse of reason. My apologies. :)

thepoetwarrior
06-06-2008, 12:39 PM
World:MaxClientsPerIP
World:ExemptMaxClientsStatus

Those would be awsome additions to the binaries! (hint hint).

Aramid
06-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Nah, after posting that I realized how lazy I sounded... because you're right. I have 1110, 1110bots, and 1110b. I had a momentary lapse of reason. My apologies. :)

If you haven't done it yet, Add Trev's changes to the 1110Bots code. There's less to move that way. I added his changes and compiled it on Linux and it runs fine.

trevius
06-08-2008, 07:21 AM
Just added some more custom code from the Server Code Submissions section. This update is some code from Striat. It's some new custom quest commands that allow you to set a player or NPCs race, texture, gender, or size.

The post that explains the code and what it does is here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?p=150267#post150267

The full source files are here:

http://stormhavenserver.com/downloads/EQEmu-0.7.0-1110c.zip

I don't have the Win32 compiled or hosted right now. I may do them if people want them instead of the source. I figure most won't bother with this version unless the quest commands in it are something they really want. The next version of code I release will most likely have win32 version as well when it is done.

Who knows, maybe I can get some more stuff added soon hehe.

trevius
06-12-2008, 05:56 AM
Ok, I just got done adding some more features to this unofficial release. You can find the new source here for 1110d:

http://stormhavenserver.com/downloads/EQEmu-0.7.0-1110d.zip

Here are the changes:

1. (Trevius and Scorpious2K) - Door names can now go beyond the 16 char limit to allow doors and other objects from later expansions to be used. The new max is 32 characters.

You can read more details about this in this post:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25420

In order to use the new longer door names, you will have to add the following SQL:

ALTER TABLE `doors` MODIFY COLUMN `name` VARCHAR(32) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL;

2. (Derision) - New fear adjustment to cause mobs to flee at the correct rates instead of running very fast at certain percentages of health. More details can be found in this post:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25435

3. (Derision) - The final update was an adjustment patch for azone, which helps the server define maps better for NPC pathing and falling through the ground issues.

Here are some more details:

Fixes a couple of instances where polys are missed out of a facelist, leaving 'holes' in the ground.
Handles the different size of the Vertex struct in V3 EQGs
Handles all the Titanium EQGs without the need for manual offset hacking
Includes geometry up to Z=3000 rather than Z=620 (Using Z=620 misses the higher parts of zones such
as Frontier Mountains and Dreadlands).

And the post on this subject can be found here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25369

This 1110d release includes these 3 new fixes as well as all previous custom code from the prior releases. I hope to get more added soon, but I will be on vacation starting noon today and won't be back until late next week.

Sorry, I don't have time to do the win32 version just yet, but I will try to get one done when I come back. Hopefully it will be packed with even more goodies hehe.

Oh and I have this up and running on my server and everything seems to be working perfectly so far. I will keep an eye out for any issues reported by my players or that I find myself and will post them here if any. But, I don't expect any.

ChaosSlayer
06-12-2008, 11:10 AM
great work guys!
so when does this goes official? =)

xxarthurxx
06-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks much Trev, going to get this installed and running right away.

Angelox
06-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Thanks a ton Trev - I plan to post your binaries with my database (at Rathe Forums) when I finally get the new AX_CLASSIC database ready for download, if that's OK with you.

trevius
06-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Certainly fine with me lol. This stuff is open source and most of the code changes aren't even my own lol. All I am doing is trying to get some of the nice code features that people have posted and add them to the source.

GeorgeS
06-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Great work!

Made the thread stickified so others can follow and keep track of the development easier.

GeorgeS

Scorpious2k
06-14-2008, 02:26 PM
I only see some of the changes listed here that I saw in the code, so to avoid missing ant in the changelog, could I get a list from you.

Otherwise I have this all ready to go.

Angelox
06-14-2008, 02:46 PM
I only see some of the changes listed here that I saw in the code, so to avoid missing ant in the changelog, could I get a list from you.

Otherwise I have this all ready to go.

I posted the door fixes in some diffs for you here;
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showpost.php?p=150613&postcount=25

Scorpious2k
06-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Looks good. All I need is what all goes in the changelog.

I know the doors fix is there, I saw the /rewind code, the code to restrict number of connections from an IP address, the quest code to change race... anything else?

And let's make sure the people who did the work get the credit.

And that I don't miss any DB updates. I only see the one for doors.

Angelox
06-14-2008, 03:07 PM
don't forget the flee fixes by Derision;
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showpost.php?p=150473&postcount=14

That post also has a few suggestions for the changelog I think doors is the only database fix

Scorpious2k
06-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Should all be in 1111.

Nice work everyone!!

Angelox
06-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Just making sure you saw this post scorp;
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showpost.php?p=150711&postcount=27
I don't think the doors will work right unless this is there too.

Scorpious2k
06-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Just making sure you saw this post scorp;
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showpost.php?p=150711&postcount=27
I don't think the doors will work right unless this is there too.

Thanks. Will have the source updated in a few minutes.