PDA

View Full Version : status of the build

madborg
01-20-2002, 10:57 AM
Here's what I have found so far.

1. Looting lockup. Not so easy to make happen. Maybe the problem has been fixed. I spawn one mob, then camp.
Log back in and kill the mob. Looting still seems to work.
However I have notice a couple of other things:
-entry loc is not the same as camp loc
-get disconnected

2. Zone death (30 second problem). Seems to be unreproducible so far. Have changed char attributes (didn't stick), and changed char skill (stuck). Zone did not die.

3. Ablility to see items on others; works nicely and seems to be able to keep up with changes.

4. Database forcing. Don't really know what to call this one, but its been posted in the forum about having to go into the database and create an admin and commit the changes. For some of use, we use a sql script to add admins and that is not enough to make things work. This is a new problem for 0.1.9.

5. Map issues. The 3D maps are not distributed with 0.1.9 so that is causing some confusion. The 2D maps in the admin tool are not the right ones to use. Need the map2zone tool too.

6. For compile, generally everything seems to compile okay. However DSP for login and chat servers are missing-- and the directories Login and Chat. Of course those two servers are not in the distribution either.

I also see a noticeable EXE file size difference so I can't confirm that the source will produce the same thing as what is in the distribution. For example Zone.exe is 384KB on the distribution and it is 464KB in the build directory. I am using VC++ 6.0, but I don't believe I have any service packs installed.

7. Skybox problem, at least in Qeynos. Looks like the same skybox problem as in Scruffy's version if the right EQ file wasn't replaced.

If you find this sort of information useful, then I will post more. If not, then thats fine with me too.

Nefarious
01-20-2002, 02:04 PM
Very usefull-

Do you knwo where we can download the 3D maps?

madborg
01-20-2002, 03:09 PM
Do you knwo where we can download the 3D maps?

I don't know where there is a set of such maps. I had to make mine by using eqinside, zoneconverter and zone2map. Each file is over 2 MB uncompressed so it can eat up a lot of disk space and right now it's not that useful since it doesn't really help with the zoning problems -- or at least I don't think it does.

I will have to read the code to see where the maps are used, but I suspect only in the mob movement code.

**added**
skimming the code I see in zone/net.cpp

that map.h is used

and later the call in net.cpp

map = Map::LoadMapfile(zone_name);

and in zone/Map.cpp is where you can find the map methods.

The affect files are probably:

net.cpp
client.h
npc.h
npc.cpp