PDA

View Full Version : Altering max health/mana formula for players: possible?

iRFNA
02-09-2011, 11:58 AM
I've been considering creating an EQ server that has diminishing returns for all item/spell added stats based on the total used (but NOT base stats) and removing all class based formulas for the calculation of health and mana, instead using one based only on stats. Anyway, the only thing I'm not sure about is a way to make the client recognize the new HP and mana values. I'm guessing this could be done with some sort of hacked AAs? If it's impossible, I guess I can just "fake it" by altering all damage taken/mana costs dynamically to use the % from their EQ client calculated pools that would have been taken out of their "correct" pools, but it's so ugly. Any advice? I'd also like to mess with regen values as well, but I'm also not sure if that's possible...

iRFNA
02-09-2011, 01:45 PM
I guess to be more clear, I'm asking if there's a way to send a max HP/mana buff/debuff via custom AAs with a dynamically determined value so I can correct the client/default calculated values to my custom ones. I'm guessing something like AAs would be needed because having buff icons would look silly. Or is there a way to just make custom buffs on the fly and have them permanently stick, preferably with no icon?

ChaosSlayerZ
03-16-2011, 10:33 PM
I believe some coders experimented by using Charm slot to send "fake" stats updates to the client to force it to recognize server-side data.
This of course puts your Charm slot out of the game usage, but at least it grants access to custom formulas

devn00b
05-02-2011, 01:45 PM
I guess to be more clear, I'm asking if there's a way to send a max HP/mana buff/debuff via custom AAs with a dynamically determined value so I can correct the client/default calculated values to my custom ones. I'm guessing something like AAs would be needed because having buff icons would look silly. Or is there a way to just make custom buffs on the fly and have them permanently stick, preferably with no icon?

Suppose you could adjust playerprofile to add the stats you want and they would be there. This would of course affect base stats. So that portion of your request would need a work around.

Secrets
05-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Use the tribute code to send invisible items to the client to correct HP/Mana/Stats to the values you want.

All tributes are, are items that are equipped invisibly in 4 slots. You can hijack this code, and while losing the tribute feature, you gain the ability to do what you want. Look at the revisions for tribute.cpp to see an example we tried. (PEQ reverted it because of a conflict with the playerbase, but they balanced hp/mana/end throughout clients.)

Here's the revision in specific:

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/source/detail?spec=svn1888&r=1508