PDA

View Full Version : how do I make paladins dual wield?

bodi
10-13-2012, 08:20 PM
I've tried changing the class_skill and skill_caps tables to give dual wield to paladins on my sever, but I can't get it to be trainable at GM or even with skill set, wont accept 2nd weapon. Is this hard coded or is there a workaround? Thanks

ChaosSlayerZ
10-13-2012, 09:32 PM
see this thread

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34098&highlight=dual+wield

bodi
10-13-2012, 10:48 PM
see this thread

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34098&highlight=dual+wield

Not a complete link, sir.

bodi
10-13-2012, 10:49 PM
nevermind, i had copied and pasted it, works when ya click it =P

bodi
10-13-2012, 10:55 PM
I will try editing the mob.cpp and report back! Any tips or instructions on the scripts is welcome, but since the two tables are already in game now, hopefully just an edit of the mob.cpp will make it possible. Thanks for the link.

ChaosSlayerZ
10-13-2012, 11:01 PM
np, I am still curious if it will work for Titanium

bodi
10-13-2012, 11:13 PM
So, i'm editing source and then recompiling? Whew, this is dangerous!

ChaosSlayerZ
10-13-2012, 11:23 PM
yeah, if you figured out what to change =)
cause I am looking at the mob.cpp and can't seem to figure out what needs to be changed...

If I am reading this right:

bool Mob::CanThisClassDualWield(void) const
{
if (!IsClient()) {
return(GetSkill(DUAL_WIELD) > 0);
} else {
const ItemInst* inst = CastToClient()->GetInv().GetItem(SLOT_PRIMARY);
// 2HS, 2HB, or 2HP
if (inst && inst->IsType(ItemClassCommon)) {
const Item_Struct* item = inst->GetItem();
if ((item->ItemType == ItemType2HB) || (item->ItemType == ItemType2HS) || (item->ItemType == ItemType2HPierce))
return false;
} else {
//No weapon in hand... using hand-to-hand...
//only monks and beastlords? can dual wield their fists.
if(class_ != MONK && class_ != MONKGM && class_ != BEASTLORD && class_ != BEASTLORDGM) {
return false;
}
}

return (CastToClient()->HasSkill(DUAL_WIELD)); // No skill = no chance
}
}

it checks if player has dual wield skill greater than 0, but then it just the value in DB should be enough, and nothing needs to be changed, unless I am misunderstanding something.

bodi
10-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Yeah, I'm not seeing the values that I could even change to allow it.

rhyotte
10-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Let me be very "'B'erry" clear....

PISS ON TITANIUM!!!! caps quite literally held down on purpose...no caps locks.. :)
Get a F'ck'n life...get UF / Hot / VoA etc... Titanium sucked ass... :)

Have a nice day :)

ChaosSlayerZ
10-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Let me be very "'B'erry" clear....

PISS ON TITANIUM!!!! caps quite literally held down on purpose...no caps locks.. :)
Get a F'ck'n life...get UF / Hot / VoA etc... Titanium sucked ass... :)

Have a nice day :)

awesome f'kin statement man! But you don't really contribute to actual coding solution titanium or not :rolleyes:

bodi
10-14-2012, 04:34 PM
I can't even get it to work on UF!

I have set skill 22 to 1 in Class_Skill and created entries in skill_caps for class 3 and class_ 3. I have even #setskill 22 100 in game and still won't take a second weapon. The closest I've gotten is that if you go to skill_caps and add class 3(paladin) in class, and class 7(monk) in class_ field, you can get the GM trainer to offer the skill at 0 level, but if you try to train it, it says you will NEVER get to use this skill. That's discouraging considering its an NPC telling me that. lol

Any ideas?

Caryatis
10-14-2012, 05:30 PM
But you don't really contribute to actual coding solution

And you would know about not contributing to the code...

I will confirm it works(custom skills for classes), however you are on your own since I dont like anybody involved in this thread.

lerxst2112
10-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Make sure you're not trying to equip two primary hand only weapons. If you're not and it still doesn't work then it's possible the client is hardcoded to not allow it.

bodi
10-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Caryatis,
Thanks for adding your specific brand of unhelpful, acerbic condescension to this thread. I think its the most productive way to go about things, too. Look back at your recent posts to anyone; you are just a miserable prick in all of them. I'm here to help, though. There are 3 important tips I want you to remember in life from this point forward:
1) This is for fun. Lighten the f*ck up.
2) We are not the reason you don't have a girlfriend. You are.
3) Die in a fire.

Now, if anyone else has any idea how I might get this thing (dual wield to paladins) figured out, let me know. Otherwise, I have found another direction to go, even if it isn't my first choice! Thanks in advance!

Caryatis
10-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks for adding to ... this thread.

Anytime bro.

BTW lerxst, its not hardcoded in the client. Can easily give duel wield to casters, etc.

ChaosSlayerZ
10-14-2012, 07:26 PM
And you would know about not contributing to the code...

I will confirm it works(custom skills for classes), however you are on your own since I dont like anybody involved in this thread.

Your help always comes with shit on the side. On my death bed I wouldn't want your help in anything.

Akkadius
10-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Anytime bro.

BTW lerxst, its not hardcoded in the client. Can easily give duel wield to casters, etc.

The client does require a definitions file that has to jive with server modifications.

ChaosSlayerZ
10-14-2012, 07:37 PM
by definitions file - do you refer to SkillCaps.txt or something else is involved here?

Akkadius
10-14-2012, 07:46 PM
by definitions file - do you refer to SkillCaps.txt or something else is involved here?

Yes, the client loads the information contained in that file before you are able to even equip a secondary item in this specific example.

It also affects how the client handles certain routines in regards to skill such as buying, viewing from the inventory etc.

Once again these have to be created server-side before you can view on the clientside, but you have to have the client side definitions jive with the server.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34118&highlight=skill

Caryatis
10-14-2012, 07:50 PM
You softie Akk, but all I said was its not hard coded which is true... had to be careful not to give a clue.

bodi
10-14-2012, 08:25 PM
SCORE! It works! Thanks a ton, Akk! You are the man!

ChaosSlayerZ
10-14-2012, 08:33 PM
nice to hear that. which client you using?

bodi
10-14-2012, 09:26 PM
underfoot, haven't tested on titanium yet. Sure would be nice if it works. Those p1999 transplants are solid, engaged, lore reading players and theyre fun to have in the community.

ChaosSlayerZ
10-14-2012, 09:30 PM
hehe, my thoughts exactly ;)