PDA

View Full Version : Illusion spells & Worn Race Masks

knowom
05-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Here's a SQL for illusions spells I created for virtually every race found on Akkadius's EoC Race Viewer.

Link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1YEgOhikxllbnBGSU9YSWItQ2M/edit?usp=sharing

SQL's for either Grid Insert or Grid Replace to source into your spells table however you prefer to manage your database.

Who doesn't enjoy illusion spells? ;) Custom cosmetic flavor for whatever suits your developer fancy!

I also have a worn effect illusion masks based on these spells in the works. It's a custom template design of my making explained a bit below. It's roughly 80% of the way complete. I thought I'd share it why not give back to community right use modify enhance as they see fit benefits everyone.

You can thank EoC for simplifying and reducing some of the tediousness of the creation process! (highly recommended)

The mask designs are setup like follows.

Plate 40AC = Poison Resistance Bonus (plate has a natural hardened immunity preventing most typical forms of poisoning)
Chain 20AC = Fire Resistance Bonus (chain doesn't burn easily and yet is malleable which provides a natural convection heat dissipation)
Leather 10AC = Cold Resistance Bonus (leather traps in heat well, but without absorbing the cold like metals would do)
Cloth 5AC = Disease Resistance Bonus (cloth while not overly protective cleans easily)

Bane Damage Amount = 10

45 resists in total on masks with 15-25 of them going to the AC values resist type in +/- 5 resist intervals.

These are the resist options variations based around there AC values.

5, 5, 5, 15, 15
5, 5, 5, 10, 20
5, 5, 5, 5, 25

The worn illusion masks collection will be released when completed probably sometime this week about 90 more masks left to go.

- Pokemon gotta catch em all! -

knowom
05-08-2014, 12:53 AM
Around 50 more masks left can possibly finish them by tomorrow night. Hopefully someone makes use of either the illusions or masks or both took some time even with the aid of EoC/PEQ Editor to create over 500 illusion spells & worn illusion masks each.

It's something I felt inclined to do though and really thought the custom mod community could stand to benefit from in different types of ways. Weapon proc based illusion templates could be fun too in the future, but I don't feel like going down that path right now.

rhyotte
05-08-2014, 02:48 AM
Some cool stuff...

knowom
05-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Here's the mask template SQL grids for replace or insert.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1YEgOhikxllLWMwblBvNk5YS1E/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to use and modify to taste as you wish. Some of the bane damage types I think could have mixed more appropriately or realistically, but didn't really have time to fiddle with it given the scope of it. They are quite easy to mod further anyway and people will probably pick and choose a handful to use if they make use of them anyway.

Akkadius
05-08-2014, 05:25 PM
Here's the mask template SQL grids for replace or insert.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1YEgOhikxllLWMwblBvNk5YS1E/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to use and modify to taste as you wish. Some of the bane damage types I think could have mixed more appropriately or realistically, but didn't really have time to fiddle with it given the scope of it. They are quite easy to mod further anyway and people will probably pick and choose a handful to use if they make use of them anyway.

I have it on my list to make a custom developement resources portal on the Wiki. Would you consider being a contributor?

knowom
05-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Yeah I'm alright with being a contributor on the Wiki.

I actually have a handful of custom zone waypoints insert/replace grids as well. Some worked together better than others the way textures from zone A to zone B converge with each other.

It was my hopes to retool zones within continents to mold them seamlessly into a entirely different content. Some of it went pretty well, but I never did perfect the initial idea to my satisfaction always ended up with like 1 or 2 zones not converging naturally or convincingly enough the way I'd have liked them to have done so.