PDA

View Full Version : Bug with low-level attacks

a_Guest03
12-28-2002, 05:53 AM
I made a level 1 bard on Freedom alliance and did not alter him except for items. He is dual wielding with his fist to punch at level 1, despite wielding a sword in his primary. He also double attacks with punch. Another player informed me that his warrior had the same problem, but had been modified to have all skills set to near max.

This happened with 4.1DR3.

Another weird thing I found was that if a pet did most of the damage, your pet KSes you.

a_Guest03
12-28-2002, 07:41 AM
Tried to duplicate the problem with a level 1 Druid, and he would only hit with his one hand, so it's just a problem of having dual wield skill for classes with that ability before they should be able. You can't wield two weapons, but you attack with both hands.

Waruen
01-02-2003, 11:47 PM
I found myself punching while weilding two slashing weapons last night, Dunno why.. but some of my swings were just punches.. /shrug

a_Guest03
01-05-2003, 05:09 PM
I created a level one rogue on MannJones' server with no modifications except nearly full rubicite armor and he was parrying, blocking, using riposte, dodging, etc. This is a bit weird for a level 1 rogue to have these skills accessible without any modification. These skills did not increase with use.

Also, as I pierced away, I was not limited in my skill increases to my level maximum. I reached 13 piercing on my first skeleton before I died. I know this problem is probably intentional from the devs (to allow #setallskill to work), but I thought I'd at least mention it in case there's a simple way to halt the natural increases and still have #setallskill work.

I believe MannJones was using 4.1DR3 server release.