PDA

View Full Version : Duel Wield / Double attack code, and some other stuff ..

Kaiyodo
02-21-2002, 09:50 AM
I've been playing around with the EQEmu code for a bit now, so I thought I'd release the code changes I'd made to the 0.2.3 version in case anyone would like to try them too.

Here's what's different from the stock 0.2.3 ...

- Double attack and duel wield implemented for the classes that can use them.
- Damage calculation code re-written to use monkly business forumla for min/max hit and damage bonuses.
- Basic proccing weapon support.
- 2H piercing works.
- Monk/Beastlord hand to hand damage/delay changes based on level
- Monk epic changes fists to 9/16
- Very basic haste support (defaults to 0%, use #haste to modify)

There's a textfile in the .zip with more detailed changes for anyone that wants to compile these files, or see what changes I've made.

I've not tested everything extensively, so no guarentees, but it seems to work ok for me ;)

Have fun :)

K.

Minara
02-21-2002, 10:11 AM
We are not worthy! *bow* One of you devs needs to put this stuff in now! *cracks the infamous Jerle-Whip*

Nada
02-21-2002, 10:19 AM
Kaiyodo omg dude thanks so frekin much!!!! Finally dual wield im really happy right now. Keep up the good work, im sure the dev's will be looking at this. :D

Baron Sprite
02-21-2002, 11:13 AM
Kaiyodo, please start mailing us towels to clean up with after we read your posts ::o

Minara
02-21-2002, 11:16 AM
*looks at baron sprite* .....

Kaiyodo
02-22-2002, 02:02 AM
Just found a couple of bugs in my client_process.cpp releated to Beastlords and Bards, i.e. classes that get DW but not DA. I can see what the bugs are, but I'm not going to have a chance to test the fixes before my lunch hour is over :)

Here's what I think needs doing ..

in 'bool Client::CanThisClassDuelWield(void)' change skill check to use DW rather than DA (doh!)

in 'bool Client::CanThisClassDoubleAttack(void)' change skill check to use DA rather than DW (doh, again)

Line 102, put in a check to see if the class can actually double attack before double attacking with the offhand. i.e. wrap the second attack in a if(CanThisClassDoubleAttack()) { ... }

I'll post a new version of the file once I've checked these fixes work.

K.

Kaiyodo
02-22-2002, 07:58 AM
Right, those fixes seemed to work. I've attached the modified client_process.cpp. Bards and Beastlords should be able to Dual wield properly.

I noticed a new problem while messing about with my Beastlord, you don't seem to be able to #level them in 0.2.3. It's down to the function GetEXPForLevel() in Client.cpp which contains the line :

if (tmprace >= 14 || GetClass() < 1 || GetClass() > 14)
return 0xFFFFFFFF;

Need to change the second '14' to '15' as that's the Beastlord class id.

K.

Shawn319
02-22-2002, 08:54 AM
Why don't you join the chat room when ya have some time? thay'd probably be the best way to get the word out about your changes since most of the hardcore users and all the coders hang out there :)

Razzle
02-22-2002, 09:09 AM
Kaiyodo, please start mailing us towels to clean up with after we read your posts ::o

I just make sure I'm not wearing any pants, and usually that saves me from washing them.

Drawde
02-23-2002, 06:42 AM
Your additions look really good.
However I have never managed to successfully compile the EQEmu source (I have MSVC++ 4.0) and I'm sure there are many others who have the same problem or don't have any compiler at all. Is there any possibility you could release the compiled zone/world server .exe with your additions?

Nada
02-23-2002, 07:23 AM
I wouldnt mind that also, if you could do that kaiyodo.

DeletedUser
02-23-2002, 07:29 AM
I believe EQEmu requires version 5 of C++

Kaiyodo
02-23-2002, 08:21 AM
I can certainly compile up a version, providing the dev team don't mind. I've got nowhere to host the files though, and I can't post them here as it'll going to break the attachment limit quite considerably. If anyone can help me with that, or point me in the direction of somewhere I can post the files I'll be glad to.

My versions of ZoneNT.exe and Zone9x.exe take up 468k when zipped.

K.

hogosha
02-23-2002, 08:34 AM
Can someone compile the code he put in and send em to me? I don't have C++ or any compiler.

Kaiyodo
02-23-2002, 09:25 AM
Well, I just created a Geocities website and uploaded the modified exes, here's the link ..

http://www.geocities.com/kaiyodouk/index.html

Those exes are the latest ones I'm working with, only difference from the code I posted is that hand to hand weapons now work.

Drop these over your existing ZoneNT and Zone9x from 0.2.3 and everything should be happy. Same disclaimer that I posted with the code applies, they work on my machine :)

My ISP is having a DNS fit at the moment, I've managed to download the file once to test it, but now I can't even see geocities. If that link doesn't work, I'll try and sort it out as soon as my modem can see the US again :)

K.

Nada
02-23-2002, 10:32 AM
Thanks Kaiyodo eventhough i cant do anything with it yet, im hoping someone puts this on their server or possibly gotfrags does. Keep up the good work, i hope this gets in the next version also. :D

Baron Sprite
02-23-2002, 01:12 PM
will mirror it once I get home.

scratch that, webserver being lame at the moment, tested on 2 boxes tho - working great, nice job :D

Drawde
02-24-2002, 02:29 AM
Thanks very much, will try the new features out when I get a chance!

Nada
02-24-2002, 03:49 AM
Baron do you have a server? I'd really like to try it out.

Baron Sprite
02-24-2002, 06:58 AM
not anymore as of this morning :D will get a new one next weekish tho. DAMN WEBHOSTS. :eek: