Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 01-09-2009, 02:37 PM
EvoZak
Sarnak

Wow, how are you getting anything done with a fully patched client? Tomorrow's structs could be different from today's. Craziness.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:54 AM
secash
Fire Beetle

He probably means he was able to hit the login server, not actually functionally connect.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:03 AM
trevius
Developer

No, I wasn't even able to hit the Login Server. Thanks for confirming that it works, KLS! Now to figure out what I am doing wrong lol. I should know how to do this by now, LMAO!

Evozak, as long as I don't patch past the point my client is at now, I don't have to worry about the structs changing. I am not trying to get the emu to work with live and have us chase live as we did in the past at one time. I am just trying to get in game with Live for now so I can hopefully use some of that info to figure out what is stopping me from getting in with SoF. Since I have the exact breakdown of the structures (or at least I can see the actual packets from live with SEQ), I should be able to get everything I need set correctly to connect. I am hoping that if I can get in with a Live client, that I can use that info to help me figure out what is stopping me with SoF. If I have to, I should be able to force the exact packet structures from Live just to trick the client to logging all of the way in. Then, hopefully I can figure out the details later.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:48 AM
trevius
Developer

Well, I can't figure out why my live client won't connect to the emu LS... If I put the wrong info in the host file, it times out and says to check my network connection like normal. If I put the correct eqemu stuff in the host file and log in, it just hangs trying to connect. It is like it connects, but doesn't know what to do next. The only thing I can think of is that it is something to do with one of my INI files or maybe because I only own up to SoF. I tried messing around with my INI files as much as I could think of, but it didn't make any difference at all. So, maybe since I am using SoF, it has to do some extra check before going to the login server. I would guess it has to do the check to see if I want to purchase SoD or something, and since it is connecting to the emu LS, it fails that check and just hangs.

KLS, does your EQLive client have all expansions up to SoD? If so, maybe that is why you go right through, and I get stopped when it is trying to do that final check. I can't really think of what else it might be. All of my other client versions work fine to get to the LS, including my fresh SoF install from the DVDs. It was only after I patched to live that it stopped letting me connect to the LS.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:11 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Well, I can't figure out why my live client won't connect to the emu LS... If I put the wrong info in the host file, it times out and says to check my network connection like normal. If I put the correct eqemu stuff in the host file and log in, it just hangs trying to connect. It is like it connects, but doesn't know what to do next. The only thing I can think of is that it is something to do with one of my INI files or maybe because I only own up to SoF. I tried messing around with my INI files as much as I could think of, but it didn't make any difference at all. So, maybe since I am using SoF, it has to do some extra check before going to the login server. I would guess it has to do the check to see if I want to purchase SoD or something, and since it is connecting to the emu LS, it fails that check and just hangs.

KLS, does your EQLive client have all expansions up to SoD? If so, maybe that is why you go right through, and I get stopped when it is trying to do that final check. I can't really think of what else it might be. All of my other client versions work fine to get to the LS, including my fresh SoF install from the DVDs. It was only after I patched to live that it stopped letting me connect to the LS.
I just tried with a live client and could confirm the same symptoms as you. Bad info, times out and gives an error. EQLive, connects to server select. EQEmu? Hangs and never gives an error. Extremely odd.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:38 AM
trevius
Developer

Maybe KLS is running on a trial account client? I thought about using a trial account before I decided to pay to renew my old Live account. Unfortunately, the trial accounts are not the same as a fully updated live client. They have some limited files, and seem to only patch to a certain bare minimum point to be able to handle just the Tutorial zone. I never tested the trial version to see if it could connect to the emu LS, but I imagine it can. Even the UI on the trial version is a really old one (looks like Titanium UI). I tried using SEQ on the trial version and it didn't work at all. So, the trial definitely uses something other than EQLive. That is why I had to just pay to renew my old one instead.

Thanks for confirming that, Secrets. At least I know I am not crazy now lol. I have been wasting too many hours on trying to figure out why EQLive won't connect to the emu LS. Can anyone else confirm if it works for them or not? I would love to get it working to help me progress, but if it doesn't work, there is no use for me to waste anymore time on it!