Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:49 AM
squinty
Fire Beetle

Default Wishing to setup a Classic EQ server

Yeah, I know you all are probably sick of that line. lol
I've been reading the forum for a couple of days and think I have a pretty good understanding on what's going on. However, instead of a server with a database and code updated through Titanium, I'd like to do one with all of the original graphics up to Luclin the latest. No original content, all legit.

I'm working on getting a server up just for testing, then I'll start futzing with it to make it classic (if that's possible from that point)

Does anyone know of any guides that cover most of this? Or what's needed? What version of the EMU will work with Original EQ through Luclin? Does anyone have the code/db required for it?

Thanks for any advice.

--Mike
Old 02-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Darkeyes123
Fire Beetle

well, this would be so nice. I think PoP and all the others have ruined the "feeling" of EQ. i liked it, run over the hills and mountains, and then came Pop with the Portbooks ect...

when you can handle a Server like this, i will play on it 100%. Thats the reason, why i registered me, to look for a classic Server with Eq, Luclin, Kunark and Velious.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:26 PM
klamath
Sarnak

For Your info, The new Dawn CD uk version works on a few of the eqemulator version. New dawn is every expansion up to luclin. The PoP Cd works on eqemu 3.8 i think it was. This also as the classic ui and velious ui in. These are the legal ways of opening a classic server without giving files away.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Darkeyes123
Fire Beetle

Sry, but my english isn't the best one.
What do you mean with Dawn CD UK? I got all expansions up to Omens of War, when you mean the CD's of the game.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:46 PM
klamath
Sarnak

I mean a certain era of the game, The new dawn is from 2002 i think and was only sold in the UK i think. And it works on an early version of Eqemulator but needs alot of working doing to it.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Tantalar
Sarnak

Theres already a server that is Classic Kunark Velious in the works. We have been working on it for a long time now. Perhaps you would be interested in working on it with us? We have been working on it for... ahh it must be over 6 months now. I would honestly say that youd be crazy to want to do everything that we have done all over again because it is an extreme pain to fix everything we have fixed. Just finding all the bugs and problems takes forever.

I imagine that the server is not very far from release yet but I dont like making promises

http://classicbetatest.guildlaunch.c...test&gid=62867

the server name is project 1999
Old 02-17-2009, 10:46 AM
porigromus
Fire Beetle

I agree the Project 1999 is the best most reliable classic project that exist right now. I hope more developers can get involved. They are coming along nicely. I wish I could program. : / hehe
Old 03-02-2009, 11:51 PM
eqshinoko
Fire Beetle

I'm pretty happy with the current version. I finally got in yesterday for the first time, created a HE ranger, dumped out of the tutorial and ended up in Freeport. While I was pleased to see the Freeport of old, it was quite gratifying to use PoK to get to Qeynos Hills where my actual trainer was.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:30 PM
egerha8815k
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeyes123 View Post
well, this would be so nice. I think PoP and all the others have ruined the "feeling" of EQ. i liked it, run over the hills and mountains, and then came Pop with the Portbooks ect...

when you can handle a Server like this, i will play on it 100%. Thats the reason, why i registered me, to look for a classic Server with Eq, Luclin, Kunark and Velious.
There is a classic server that is EQ, Kunark and Velious coming soon. Its the vz/tz server. yes its pvp, but it is the most complete legit oldworld server that exists on emu.

Rumor even has it there is going to be a PvE server coming soon from the guy running it.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:48 PM
HurtinuDaily
Hill Giant

vz/tz kicks but aslong as you can handle pvp