Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 01:02 AM
dragos56
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradasian View Post
whats the xp rate on this "server" I cleaned an apartment on their all day and didnt level once... I think its broken
Did you put a point in it first?
Old 07-24-2009, 01:37 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradasian View Post
whats the xp rate on this "server" I cleaned an apartment on their all day and didnt level once... I think its broken
I thought I had fixed cleaning XP. Oh well, I see the trouble. Needs a reboot, 1 point.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:04 AM
majorheadache
Fire Beetle

Well I am glad you all have a feel of what is going on.... its a shame that one bad apple has to ruin the bunch, especially to the point that your hosting site has to pull the plug! I'm a Network Engineer by trait and can tell you that even working on all of the best equipment in the world with constant OS and firmaware upgrades, there truley are ppl out there just simply looking for a bigger challenge! Some of Cisco's later Pix Firewall's and the ASA line that is taking its place right now when implemented properly can on the fly shut down any EXTERNAL DOS attacks thrown at it. I would be interested in what they are using and what actually took place, if you need an extra set of eyes. At any rate, good luck, you guys ARE doing a great thing and I think you should setup a donation line again. I am sure most of us would be willing to offer some affordable sum, especially at times like this.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:06 AM
gaeorn
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loeil View Post
I found a new server outside ... there is sun and rain like in EQ ... alot of merchant... some are crazy... and a ton of real people to play with ... i didnt find quest so far, but there is alot more skills that can be raised... its also possible to get money with ... a job. /shiver

What is this "outside" you refer to? <confused>
Old 07-24-2009, 02:37 AM
anj112207
Fire Beetle

hope this gets figured out quick
Old 07-24-2009, 05:37 AM
Dantes
Fire Beetle

Unhappy

Miss PEQ, I do.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:57 AM
henry_z
Fire Beetle

any more infos about PEQ server now? hope it will up in this weakend
Old 07-24-2009, 06:08 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

I've gotten bored and started recreating my toons on my own server :P and have been running into interesting issues! (think I figured it out now!)
Old 07-24-2009, 08:37 AM
badplayer
Sarnak

Which one of you assholes connects to PEQ with FIOS (or equivalent), it sure isn't any of us 512kb/s upload capped people dos'ing the server on accident.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:24 AM
elation
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by badplayer View Post
Which one of you [removed] connects to PEQ with FIOS (or equivalent), it sure isn't any of us 512kb/s upload capped people dos'ing the server on accident.
It's not just FIOS. I was talking to someone that had a 10Mb/50Mb with Cox. /drool There are quite a few high-bandwidth services available these days. At any rate, I sure hope it's up by this weekend.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:13 AM
firesyde424
Fire Beetle

I've been getting actual work done since the server has been down. My wife would say this is a good thing, but I say Play on!!
Old 07-24-2009, 10:23 AM
badplayer
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by elation View Post
It's not just FIOS. I was talking to someone that had a 10Mb/50Mb with Cox. /drool There are quite a few high-bandwidth services available these days. At any rate, I sure hope it's up by this weekend.
It just blows my mind that nobody is able to track down the IP of the guy after all this time. It's been going on for weeks. It probably can't be tracked by the provider and needs to be measured on the PEQ server so I doubt the ISP will be able to tell you anything.

It's so easy to monitor the bandwith and ban the IP that this story just makes no sense to me.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:25 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by badplayer View Post
It just blows my mind that nobody is able to track down the IP of the guy after all this time. It's been going on for weeks. It probably can't be tracked by the provider and needs to be measured on the PEQ server so I doubt the ISP will be able to tell you anything.

It's so easy to monitor the bandwith and ban the IP that this story just makes no sense to me.
You're forgetting that people are doing this in their free time (CD set out this week(end) for monitoring bandwidth usage, or was that last week?)
Old 07-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Dantes
Fire Beetle

Well this downtime has reawakened my desire to learn how to create and manage a private server. I don't intend to replace any of the very popular servers nor could I. It's just something that I need to do for myself. Plus attending 500 person strong LANs might help with testing of it.

Nor'Easter here I come.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Vast
Fire Beetle

So what server is the most stable & most similar to PEQ to dick around on while it's down? Are there any real contenders?
Closed Thread