Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:12 AM
Swiftsong_Lorekeeper
Sarnak

Angry Lavastorm

What is the deal with Lavastorm, I'm about to be over it. All the pathing is screwed and none of the adventure task NPC's work. I have worn out the search trying to figure out every way possible to find anything about it on the forums with no luck. Oh and all of the NPC's have no hair. I have read there is a bug fix for it but this is the only zone that I have come across with the hair bug thing. I don't know if I'm using an incorrect .map file or what. I'm using the one that came with the map pack files when I set up the server on my computer. I have tried to fix the pathing but there is something wrong with the Z axis or something because mobs pop way up and then drop back down, they also get stuck under the world and they drop way down then pop back up. Sometimes they just walk through the mountains/hills like it is just supposed to be flat ground. Does/has anybody have/had problems with lavastorm? If so how the heck did you fix it. It is driving me crazy.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:23 AM
steve
Discordant

There's two versions of Lavastorm (and other zones).

There's lavastorm.s3d (the original) and lavastorm.eqg (the revamped). Try renaming lavastorm.eqg to lavastorm.eqg.bak and then reloading the client. I think the PEQ db uses the original lavastorm.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Swiftsong_Lorekeeper
Sarnak

Thanks steve. I changed the file which put all of the mobs in the zone under the world and outside the normal coordinates of the old zone. Is there a way to fix their spawns other than to have to #goto and click each mob and then #goto an actual old zone coordinate and #fixspawn? I can do that if I have to but I was just curious if there is another step I need to take prior to doing that with all 193 some odd mobs in the zone :p
Old 08-30-2010, 03:56 AM
Guymelef
Fire Beetle

I also have the same problem. Want to use the classic Lavastorm,
but i cant get it to work.
Anyone have a solution to this problem?
Sharing is caring =)
Old 08-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Delete lavastorm.eqg to leave lavastorm.s3d extensions.... That is all
Old 09-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Swiftsong_Lorekeeper
Sarnak

I do understand how to change back and forth between old and new zones. The main thing I am curious about is the pathing and such. I swapped over to the old and it was gonna be just as much work fixing the pathing so I just switched back to the new one and started the process of fixing the pathing one by one for lack of a better way.