Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:45 AM
louis1016
Hill Giant

Default bot shaman cannibalize

I successfully implemented necro heals and lich form on my server but unfortunately I am running into great difficulty getting my shaman bots to cannibalize. Canni 2, 3, and 4 are in the bot spell list already and their default spelltype is 1024 (incombatbuffs). For some reason, no matter what I have been trying, I can not get the shaman bots to cast these spells. I just need to figure out how to get them to start casting then I can add my own health/mana checks. Can anyone please help?
Old 05-17-2012, 01:21 AM
louis1016
Hill Giant

I've changed the canni spells to buffs in shaman bot spell list in the database and now he is casting the spells, but unfortunately only upon spawning for the first time after a death. He will immediately canni until he has enough for a real buff and then he will never cast canni again until his next death and respawn. Any idea why hes not continuously casting it?
Old 05-19-2012, 10:33 PM
louis1016
Hill Giant

I ended up just hardcoding the casting of the spell in the source rather than trying to get it to cast properly from the DB
Old 05-30-2012, 05:59 PM
bad_captain
Developer

I implemented Shaman canni in 2143. I would be interested in seeing your implementation of necro heals, as I am working on adding in support for other spell / buff types.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:46 PM
louis1016
Hill Giant

My implementation was pretty sloppy, I added their spells to the call for isprimaryhealspell, added the spells to their spell list in the db, added chances for them to cast heals, and gave class, hp, and mana restrictions in the heal code. They heal members in their group as a primary healer if their is no real healer in the group otherwise they only heal when someone is real low.