Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

Default Setting up server for Offline play

Hey guys, it's me again!

I set up my server successfully following that excellent guide and even was able to log in and run around a few zones (while connected to the internet) with mild success.

I, however, am having a lot of trouble figuring out how to set my server up so I can play while not connected to the internet.

Lerxst suggested that this thread would help me change my server to work for offline play, in particular the "Gather EQEmuLoginServer files", "Setup PEQLoginDB DB and Logins", and "Finalize Connection Settings" sections.

Right on the first section I started having problems:

Quote:
Gather EQEmuLoginServer files (.ini, .conf, .dll) from EQEmu Build
• Go to the folder where you downloaded the server sources (C:\EQEmuSVNFiles\EQEmu) and navigate to:
o trunk > EQEmuServer > EQEmuLoginServer > login_util.
 Then copy: eqemulogin.ini and login_opcodes.conf to your server folder (C:\EQEmu).
• Next, navigate to:
• trunk > EQEmuServer > EQEmuLoginServer > login_util > ms >debug
• Then copy: EQEmuAuthCrypto.dll to your server folder (C:\EQEmu)
1) The path EQEmuSever>EQEmuLoginServer>Login_utils doesn't exist. I have a similar C:\EQ\Source\loginserver\login_util, which has the files:
login.ini (is this = to eqemulogin.ini?) and login_opcodes.conf and login_opcodes_sod.conf. I'm hoping these are the right ones.

2) I also don't have a C:\EQEmu folder. Is this the same as the C:\EQ\EQEmuServer folder ?

3) My login_util folder does not have ms or debug folders. A search on my computer doesn't reveal an EQEmuAuthCrypto.dll file.

I'm wondering if Kavren's 2010 guide is the most up to date guide for setting up an offline login system, and if so, if we can help me through this, I'm willing to update and document steps such that it's compatible and straight forward and able to be added to the 2013 server set up guide --- and thanks again for all the help.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:53 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Files move around from time to time. The crypto dll can be found here: http://eqemu.github.io/ The link to it is in the readme file in the source code directory.

Where you put your server directory is up to you. That's where you copy the files.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

The readme.md in C:\EQ\Source? It just reads:

"EQEmu - Custom Game Implementation for EverQuest

TODO: A less useless readme file.

Dependencies can be obtained at http://eqemu.github.com/"

I'm guessing that I need the "Windows_LoginServerCrypto_x86.zip Windows crypto library for 32 bit systems."

Do I need any of the other files? Probably in later steps of the guide? I'll keep working on this in a bit. Thank you very much for the help.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

Alrighty, got the EQEmuAuthCrypto.dll file into my EQEmuServer folder. I downloaded Navicat for SQLLite, but I think that's the wrong version, because the guide says "double click on local
right click on local and create a new database"

And there is no "local" on any of the drop down menus, or anywhere in the program that I can find. Here is my navicat image: http://imgur.com/jsAhHa4
Old 04-22-2013, 04:34 PM
sorvani
Dragon

you already have a SQL program installed when you installed the server. Probably HeidiSQL if i recall the guide correctly use that.

The point is you are wanting to source in the loginserver tables. found in the database SVN folder.

After you source those in, you can set your eqhost.txt file in your EQ directory to 127.0.0.1 instead of the public login server.

In your server's XML config file you can add a second login server entry.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:13 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

SQLite != MySQL. That's the wrong program, and like Sorvani said, you can use anything, even the command line to source those tables. I use SQLYog, they're all pretty much the same really.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

Sorry, what's the exact path/name of the database SVN folder? My computers search function can't find it and I'm having trouble with finding it manually.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Uleat
Developer

The SVN folder should be whatever the first guide recommended..unless you changed it to something else.

Try C:\peq\

You will have to create a connection to the database server in Navicat or HeidiSQL before you can work on a particular database within. The name
of the connection is irrelevant to proper operation..only the actual database name is.

Once you have connected to the database through your interface program, most of the *.sql files can be sourced in through importing.

There are a few files, esp. bots, that you will need to enter a command prompt to properly source in.

For this, bring up a command prompt and enter the following:

cd c:\<peq SVN directory> [or appropriate drive]
mysql -u<username> -p<password> -b [-b disables beeps]
use <database name> [usually peq]
source <filename>.sql;

Repeat sourcing for each needed file.

The entirety of the database can be sourced in by this method.

This assumes that you have already created the 'peq' database. If you haven't, you'll need to refer to the guide on how to do that..I can't
remember the exact syntax atm for command line creation.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

I think this entire process has been slightly out of my capabilities and knowledge, and I appreciate all the help and careful guides that have allowed me to do something that would otherwise prove impossible.

I got to here: http://imgur.com/RHidPPx

I'm pretty sure I'm accessing my PEQ database through Heidi SQL, but I'm uncertain how to "Source in my Login server tables"
Old 04-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Uleat
Developer

source load_login.sql;

That should give you the four tables that you need for the Login server.

After that, you will still need to manually setup the player and world accounts, but that is definitely in one of the older guides.

Huppy has at least two guides out there..search for those for the required script for setting up players.

As far as World account, you'll need to make sure the database entries are correct..again in Huppy's guide.

EDIT: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...07&postcount=1 - check out step 14

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

load_login.sql isn't in the list? And which button is the "sourcing" button?

Yeah, I read over the section on setting up player/world accounts. I'm sure once I get there I'll have more mostly incompetent questions.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:36 AM
sorvani
Dragon

I will try to do a simplified write up for you today if I have the time at work.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

That laptop was overheating something bad so I sent it off for repairs, so unfortunately this is going to get delayed a little.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:17 PM
PallbearerX
Fire Beetle

I just got my server installed successfully today. For similar reasons I also needed to run my server as a local login machine as opposed to using eqemulator.net. Here are the steps I followed to get the login server working.

These are additional steps as an addendum to the wonderful server walkthrough found here.

1. Section "Use CMake to build the required Visual Studio Solution and Project files"

Click the box next to EQEMU_BUILD_LOGIN and then click Configure.

2. Section "Build the executables using Visual Studio"

You should see the results as follows.
Code:
========== Build: 10 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Or if you're re-compiling you should see results similar to the following
Code:
========== Build: 3 succeeded, 0 failed, 7 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
3. Section "Copying the executables to your server directory"

Also copy the loginserver.exe (and loginserver.pdb optionally) from the \EQ\Source\Build\Bin\Debug directory into the \EQ\EQEmuServer directory.

4. Section "Downloading, installing and updating the PEQ database"

Also 'source in' the load_login.sql file.

5. Section "Editing your server confiugration - eqemu_config.xml"

Edit the login server section to point to the local server.
Code:
<loginserver>
  <host>127.0.0.1</host>
  <port>5998</port>
  <account></account>
  <password></password>
</loginserver>
6. Section "Creating a batch file to launch the server"

Add a line to the batch file to start the login server before the world.
Code:
@echo off
shared_memory.exe
start loginserver.exe
start world.exe
echo Waiting for the world to finish loading before starting zones...
ping -n 10 127.0.0.1 > nul
start queryserv.exe
start ucs.exe
start eqlaunch.exe zone
exit
Additional steps required:

1. Download the file "Windows_LoginServerCrypto_x86.zip" from github and extract its contents.

2. Copy the "EQEmuAuthCrypto.dll" file from the extracted archive (release folder) into the \EQ\EQEmuServer folder.

3. In the \EQ\Source\loginserver\login_util folder, edit the login.ini file and provide DB access information.
Code:
[database]
host = localhost
port = 3306
db = peq
user = root
password = <your_password>
subsystem = MySQL
4. Copy the following files from the \EQ\Source\loginserver\login_util folder to the \EQ\EQEmuServer folder.
Code:
login.ini
login_opcodes.conf
login_opcodes_sod.conf
After the above steps I was able to successfully log onto my server locally.

YMMV...

PbX

Last edited by Derision; 05-13-2013 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: Added some code blocks for formatting.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

Thanks for that. I've got to go out to camp again in 20 minutes, but I'll give that a shot my next day off.