Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 02-19-2003, 08:32 AM
Ruskin
Fire Beetle

Default Going MAD!!! PLS help with 1017 Error

After many weeks of trying to get Eqemu working I am about to give up, so here
Old 02-20-2003, 09:46 AM
Ruskin
Fire Beetle

OK, ive just rebuilt my EQ server with WinNT 4.0 SP6a

And iam getting the SAME bloody error in minilogin.exe window!!

Please someone point out what ive done wrong, this is driving me mad

Thx all

Ruskin
Old 02-21-2003, 04:21 AM
Ruskin
Fire Beetle

After exploring MANY options i have come to the conclusion it must be with the MYSQL database source files. could someone pls just go over what is menat by this term:

just "re-source your database"

iam asuming its using: mysql.exe
then type: use eq
then type: source db.sql

wait for all the text to wiz by as it adds it to the EQ databse and we are done.

Any input/ideas on things to try will be great guys

thx
Old 02-23-2003, 01:34 AM
kingscoot
Fire Beetle

i am hitting the exact same problem as Ruskin, however i am running on an xp os. driving me crazt so far but still trying different tweaks, older mysql minilogging versions. My last attempt was to use the Eqemu loggin server. we can see the server on the list but it disconnect the client as soon as they attempt to enter world. Eqadmin picks up the user though. Any suggestions? pls pls help
Old 02-26-2003, 09:26 AM
Ruskin
Fire Beetle

Come on guys, someone must have some clues for me pls

Ruskin
Old 02-26-2003, 10:15 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Have you added the account name eqemu/eqemu with 200 status?

If you haven't, try using search next time. You would've found this over atleast 20-30 posts.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:52 AM
Ruskin
Fire Beetle

Yep, added eqemu with status 200 into database using the "world adduser eqemu eqemu 200" line, double checked this by running up EQadim and looking under the accounts section of the database. Also tried the "world.exe flag eqemu 200" command. All looks correct, also check it by running up mysql and checking the status of account there and also looks great. Have "10.0.0.12 eqemu eqemu" added to the miniloginaccounts.ini file too.

Anything else i should check?

i tried running up server using ythe eqemu login servers and i can connect to MY server OK but the get different erros on the character creation screen. This says to me that there is an issue with my minilogin setup but i have no idea what, i tried almost everything i found on the boards and some other stuff i thought of myself but still no luck.

thx
Old 03-01-2003, 09:46 PM
padwin
Fire Beetle

Same darn thing. I verified, I'm using eqemu 0.4.2. Sourced in db.sql, sourced in Drawde's 1.1 beta 4, INSERT INTO account SET name='eqemu', password='eqemu', status=200; , granted all privileges, checked and rechecked all my ini's, even did this little thing recommended by Black Dog which didn't help: ALTER TABLE player_corpses ADD COLUMN timeofdeath timestamp NULL;
ALTER TABLE player_corpses ADD COLUMN zoneid int(11) NOT NULL; and for all the hoops I jumped through, this is my reward:
Minilogin: Client disconnected (eqnc->GetState()=102) I have a question that I honestly don't know the answer to. I know minilogin isn't supported. But, does anyone have it working? Please, we need to know. I'm on my knees.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:39 PM
padwin
Fire Beetle

I hope by now somone has answered your question, but in case they haven't, re-sourcing the database could be referring to 2 different things depending on the situation. One is starting over on the database like this:
drop database eq;
create database eq;
use eq;
source db.sql;

Or re-sourcing might refer to the sourcing of the add-on database like the one by Drawde, like this:
use eq;
source reloaddb.sql

Of course that will only work once you've copied Drawde's files into the mysql\bin folder. You have a 50/50 chance of picking the right definition, much better odds than getting this thing to work.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:32 AM
Ruskin
Fire Beetle

Still NO work. This seems like a problem many peeps have but no one knows how to fix it.

The guys at EQemu must use minilogin or another login system as i can get my server to work if i use there login servers, so could someone PLEASE lend a hand.

thx

Ruskin
Old 03-03-2003, 06:03 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Something else to try is to replace the 127.0.0.1 to the ip address of the computer that is running the server. Be sure to change all of them ad try again. Also ensure your not using the newest version of eq, the newest version doesnt work currently. You will need to get the version before the January patch.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:07 AM
Ruskin
Fire Beetle

As i pointed out in my first post, i have tried the Localhost and 127.0.0.1 at ALL locations in the setup ini files. Ive even tried them in different ways, IE using some as 127.0.0.1 and some at localhost, then reversed and tried again, but still no luck.

This is very frustrating

And as i can connect to other servers and Play OK, and i can connect to my server Via the Eqemu login servers, this still points to a minilogin problem.

:(
Old 03-04-2003, 01:47 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

I think you misunderstood me, when I said "replace the 127.0.0.1 to the ip address of the computer that is running the server", I meant to change the 127.0.0.1 (or localhost) TO the servers ip address (that 10.0.0.* number).
Old 03-04-2003, 07:21 PM
padwin
Fire Beetle

I need to correct something that appears wrong in my above post. I'm going crazy myself, with the (eqnc->Getstate()=102) message, but if I can save one newbie from complete confusion beyond what EQEmu offers inherently, at least I'll be serving the cause of Good. Above should have said: INSERT INTO account SET name='eqemu', password='eqemu', status=200; I'll be carefuller when checking my posts. :lol:
Old 03-04-2003, 07:25 PM
padwin
Fire Beetle

What the? Every time I use s t a t u s in there, it changes it to f o o 1 (without the extra spaces). I put spaces in between so maybe it won't do it in this post. Why would it do that?