Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Quests

Archive::Quests Archive area for Quests's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 03-28-2003, 10:52 AM
kabalah
Fire Beetle

Default new quest problem

i have a quest file that contains the following:
event_say {
if ($1- =~ "Hail") { say("Greetings $name! Would you like me to [bind your soul]?") }
}
event_say {
if ($1- =~ "bind my soul") { say("Incoming Bind! You will zone back to this spot when you die $userid.") castspell($userid,35) }
}
event_say {
if ($1- =~ "bind your soul") { say("Silly! My soul is already bound to this spot! I love it here!")
me('another command') }
}

using this format i've been able to get the character to respond to each phrase, but, the castspell command never runs and the me('another command') emote never appears just the string 'me'. if i combine all the events into one event_say, none of the if's get triggered...

anyone have any suggestions? thanks in advance!

kabalah
Old 03-28-2003, 11:27 AM
just_add_water
Hill Giant

Code:
event_say { 
if ($1- =~ "bind my soul") { say("Incoming Bind! You will zone back to this spot when you die $userid.") castspell("$userid","35") } 
}
All text within a command() must be in " " .