Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-19-2004, 03:44 AM
blastoma
Sarnak

Default Compiled source and combined database

Back again, I've recieved alot of great comments and requests so I've decided to use the very small amount of spare time to once again help out the newcomers to EQEMu. I have a new website that I will host everything on. Source, Compiled code, sql, and some new tools for eqemu will be available soon. Thanks once again.

All EQEMu files and programs have been taken down. Thanks for all your support. Hope to rejoin everyone sometime in the future. Peace out...

Hey all,

In an effort to help ease the pain of newcomers I decided to host the latest compiled source code and sql for quick and easy installations. I compile the latest cvs releases and update them as nessicary. I also combined the MW_057DR2_alpha_1 database release with the many small updates and Govtcheese's faction updates. The setup program is ment for new users who would like a windows for to easily modify the ini/bat files. It still requires alot more work but hopefully it will become a tool for quick, easy, self-installing eqemu's. For install steps read the README.txt. If you have a problem leave me a private message. Visit eqemu.chiroplus.ca for a listing of eqemu files.

Latest cvs release:

(07-31-04) Source (754 k), Compiled (1070 k), Compiled with PERL enabled (1080 k).
Download the server setup program: EQEMu-Setup-06-21-04.zip (68 k).
Download the combined sql: EQEMu-SQL-06-26-04.zip (4751 k).

Previous cvs releases:

(07-25-04) Source (754 k), Compiled (1070 k), Compiled with PERL enabled (1080 k).
(07-17-04) Source (754 k), Compiled (1070 k), Compiled with PERL enabled (1080 k).
(07-10-04) Source (754 k), Compiled (1070 k), Compiled with PERL enabled (1080 k).
(07-03-04) Source (754 k), Compiled (1070 k), Compiled with PERL enabled (1080 k).
(06-26-04) Source (754 k), Compiled (1070 k), Compiled with PERL enabled (1080 k).
(06-21-04) Source (754 k), Compiled (1070 k), Compiled with PERL enabled (1080 k).
(06-16-04) Source (754 k), Compiled (1070 k), Compiled with PERL enabled (1080 k).

***USE AT YOUR OWN RISK***
***ALWAYS CHECK THE EQEMULATOR.NET FORUM FOR ANSWERS BEFORE YOU POST***
Old 06-19-2004, 06:49 AM
jorikinn
Fire Beetle

Thanks for those packages, blastoma.
I installed all on my EQEmu server, and they work fine.

When you install the PERL enabled server (which is needed to run the quests i think), you need also to download ActivePerl from http://www.perl.com

The server is a 0.5.7-DR6.
The databases package sources fine, without beeps. I installed the databases with:
Quote:
c:\mysql\bin\mysql -u username -p
drop database eq;
create database eq;
use eq;
source EQEMu-SQL-06-16-04.sql;
INSERT INTO account (id, name, charname, packencrypt, sharedplat, password, status, lsaccount_id, gmspeed, revoked) VALUES (1, 'eqemu', '', '', 0, 'eqemu', 250, NULL, 0, 0);
quit
(I needed the "insert into" stuff because I am running this as a local server with minilogin).

The mob logic and population seems to be not quite ready yet:
- No mobs in uqua, inktuta (probably no mobs in other high end GoD zones either).
- The factions seems to be a bit too "unkos". Freeport guards, western wastes dragons and other mobs, seems to be all indiff or dubious. The only KoS mobs I found was VP dragons. I was a DE Wiz with SolRo faction myself.
- Mobs seem to have a bit too little HP, I could nuke WW and old world dragons to 20% with one single SoS (2740 hit).

Anyone got more eqlive style faction databases?
Old 06-19-2004, 07:16 AM
blastoma
Sarnak

Things should shape up to be more eq-live like once the next db is released. (www.ProjectEQ.net)

As for the faction I noticed that too, I used v0.4 faction from govtcheese. I havent looked at it but its possible it could not have sourced right on my end, Ill check and update it.

Also, soon to be released, installer/walkthrough program to get your ini and .bat files setup correctly. From me, compiling code and editing ini files and db's and stuff is easy as pie. But for new people that come around just to play around by themselves or with some friends... they dont want to sit there and figure out every little setting. (Although they should imo )

So I look forward to finishing it up, maybe be up before the end of the day.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:19 AM
blastoma
Sarnak

Added server setup program.

Targeted at new users who wish to use a windows form to quickly and easily setup the ini/bat files. Also, it can copy your spells .txt files from your everquest directory for you if your too lazy.

Ultimatly I hope to develop a program in which will help new and expirenced eqemu users to quickly and easily setup/update a server.

If you have a problem just leave me a private message.
Old 06-19-2004, 05:45 PM
molimo140
Hill Giant

Using the compiled World.exe that you have it is refusing to connect to the login server, it just stops after

World server listening on: localhost:9000

Any ideas on how to remedy?
Old 06-19-2004, 08:43 PM
blastoma
Sarnak

Are you using the minilogin.exe? If so, then this setup doesnt really support that ..... yet.

If your trying to setup a server to work thru the eqemu login servers then your going to need to change that localhost to your real ip address.

So grab your ip and re-run the program. Fill everything out like you did before. Once your at the "EQEMu Server" section, where it says "Server IP", enter your real IP. Not 127.0.01 or localhost.
Old 06-20-2004, 05:17 AM
devn00b
Demi-God

Blastoma, while im no longer a developer here, I will tell you this.

By you releasing the binary's YOU get to answer ANY/ALL support questions related to them. EQEMu devs/helpers offer no help in binaries passed arround by other people. And is generaly NOT a good idea to run any binary not given out by a developer.

All n00b questions To Blastoma please.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 06-20-2004, 06:09 AM
blastoma
Sarnak

Yeah I'm aware of that. I dont mind at all.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:56 AM
blastoma
Sarnak

Updated with latest 06-21-04 cvs release.

Also fixed perl plugin in 06-16-04 release.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:21 AM
Virus11
Discordant

You can find the guide to install PERL onto your server at:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12020

Old 06-22-2004, 09:05 AM
Merq
Sarnak

Is it me or are the links not working?
Old 06-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Merq
Sarnak

Old 06-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Tangeleno
Sarnak

They work for me.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:01 AM
blastoma
Sarnak

I am nearly completed an all-inclusive installer for eqemu. By the time I'm done it should automatically download and install perl, Mysql 4.0.20, compiled eqemu, eqemu sql database, and run you through a series of steps to setup your server. Also, I hope to complete a patcher for un-edited cvs releases sometime in the future.

Keep your eye on this thread for updates. (will also put it in 3rd party tools when done)
Old 06-22-2004, 11:55 AM
Merq
Sarnak

Make it have options to install perl and mysql... in case you already have it.