Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-19-2004, 01:12 AM
dzags
Sarnak

Default Ack.. DBloaditems error

Just had to restart my server on a new computer, set everything up how I had before (it worked perfect before) but now when I start my world.exe I get this error
Code:
DBLoaditems query 'SELECT charges,unknown002,unknown003,merchantprice,unknown005,unknown006,unknown007,spellcharges,itemclass,name,lore,idfile.... lots of other things, ends with FROM items ORDER BY id', #1054: Unknown column 'spellcharges' in 'field list'
Then my zones won't load anything... they get stuck on [status ] loading items and [status] EMuShareMem loaded

Did I miss something in my installation?
Old 10-19-2004, 01:14 AM
dzags
Sarnak

Update: my zones loaded, but they say [Error] Loading items FAILED!
Old 10-19-2004, 02:29 AM
eq_addict_08
Hill Giant

Did you use a backup of your old DB or source a new one? I would guess you sourced a new one. Looks like you have columns in items table that your source doesn't know about. I had that issue putting new items dumps into my older server. Just have to mod the DB to fit what your server expects.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:31 AM
dzags
Sarnak

How would I go about doing that?
Old 10-19-2004, 04:32 AM
Chrysm
Sarnak

Default Re: Ack.. DBloaditems error

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzags
Just had to restart my server on a new computer, set everything up how I had before (it worked perfect before) but now when I start my world.exe I get this error
Code:
DBLoaditems query 'SELECT charges,unknown002,unknown003,merchantprice,unknown005,unknown006,unknown007,spellcharges,itemclass,name,lore,idfile.... lots of other things, ends with FROM items ORDER BY id', #1054: Unknown column 'spellcharges' in 'field list'
Then my zones won't load anything... they get stuck on [status ] loading items and [status] EMuShareMem loaded

Did I miss something in my installation?
ALTER TABLE items CHANGE 'unknown008' 'SpellCharges' INT(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;
Old 10-19-2004, 01:50 PM
jenniferrose
Sarnak

Quote:
ALTER TABLE items CHANGE 'unknown008' 'SpellCharges' INT(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;
has this actually worked for anyone? ive tried this on several occassions trying to get a working 6.0 database, but always get

you have an error in syntax at 'unknown008' 'SpellCharges' INT(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL at line 1
Old 10-19-2004, 02:51 PM
Trasher
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferrose
Quote:
has this actually worked for anyone? ive tried this on several occassions trying to get a working 6.0 database, but always get

you have an error in syntax at 'unknown008' 'SpellCharges' INT(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL at line 1
I have done this and together with the update for the 5.8 DB the 6.0-dr1 works fine.

You only have to do it one time.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:23 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Im gettting the same exact error in syntax as you Trasher . Anyone know a fix?

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 10-19-2004, 11:46 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferrose

Drop the single quotes around unknown008 and SpellCharges, e.g.

Quote:
ALTER TABLE items CHANGE unknown008 SpellCharges INT(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;
or change the single quotes to 'backticks', e.g.

Code:
ALTER TABLE items CHANGE `unknown008` `SpellCharges` INT(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;
Old 10-20-2004, 06:16 AM
Xothin
Sarnak

Actually, the syntax that finally worked for me was...

Code:
ALTER TABLE items CHANGE `unknown008` `SpellCharges` INT(11) DEFAULT "0" NOT NULL;
Old 10-20-2004, 06:30 AM
zephyr325
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xothin
Actually, the syntax that finally worked for me was...

Code:
ALTER TABLE items CHANGE `unknown008` `SpellCharges` INT(11) DEFAULT "0" NOT NULL;
Agreed - this was the format I had to use (changing both types of tics) before it would work.