Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-08-2004, 06:39 PM
hypershadow66
Banned

Default Weapon/NPC model editing?

Is it possible to edit weapon or npc models and save them so they work with eq? if so how and what can i do to get this to work?
Old 08-08-2004, 06:50 PM
killspree
Dragon

Models aren't possible to create yet. Windcatcher is working on figuring out how to animate them though, I believe. Weapons I'm not sure...khan said he was trying to get that to work recently, I don't know if he succeeded or not.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:13 PM
Charmy
Discordant

Quote:
Models aren't possible to create yet. Windcatcher is working on figuring out how to animate them though, I believe. Weapons I'm not sure...khan said he was trying to get that to work recently, I don't know if he succeeded or not.
Only reason Models aren't possible is becuase no one has been able to decipher the skeletal system soe uses. All the model viewers that have been developed have been un able to export, or view the mob models with proper skeletal assembely. so all the mobs come out squished.

Weapon models can be designed however the texture code hasn't be fixed yet. so as of right now importing models causes them to to come in white, and white comes into eq as transparent. so you can't see the textures, nor the models, unless you use a model viewer where you can see the white model. Khan is very close to it, but he is having some issues still. WC's OZ is an amazing program and i am sure he will break the codes soon.
Any Other Questions, please refer to the Following:
http://iliilllli1.netfirms.com
Old 08-08-2004, 08:05 PM
KhaN
Dragon

Quote:
khan said he was trying to get that to work recently, I don't know if he succeeded or not.
Best i can do atm is view a friggin white cube with Model viewer when i select my weapon, and it will show nothing when i will try to use it under EQ.

Old 08-08-2004, 11:04 PM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

actualy untextured polys do not come in eq as transperent, they come as milky white, what does this mean? it means that eq isn't even loading the object. I believe items are handled TOTALY different than objects therefore the methods i heard being used wont work. I believe that weapon items hold more data than a regular object for instance a bit of data to tell the client where the center of the weapon is to snap it to the hand. I also believe that it is coded in the client what models eq is allowed to load just like zones the only way to use custom zones is to overwrite an existing zone or use zoneproxy(wich does the same thing but replaces on the fly making it easy to do).
Old 08-08-2004, 11:12 PM
killspree
Dragon

Actually I'm pretty sure white for weapons/items etc = transparent if no texture is there. If you look at quite a few items in kaiyodo's old model viewer it makes a lot of sense that white = transparent.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:15 AM
KhaN
Dragon

Quote:
Actually I'm pretty sure white for weapons/items etc = transparent if no texture is there. If you look at quite a few items in kaiyodo's old model viewer it makes a lot of sense that white = transparent
Texture transparency for object is handled same as object, good example is the gnomish helm. You see plain milky white because Kaiyodo Model Viewer is old and it doesnt interprete correctly the textures coords.

My model is loaded since i replaced an EQLive one, Model Viewer show the cube and all other items before / after, EQ load without crashing, so yes, its loaded. I have the same idea as you Shadow-Wolf, aka, there are bytes that affect items physic (Where to wield it and such, sort of NWN item gestion, but not poly, just bytes), its why i think it doesnt show (no values, or maybe old item one), i plan to do a test with an object of the same dimension, but dont have time right now ...

Old 08-09-2004, 03:19 AM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

killspree im sure no texture = white, look at pics of the person who had corrupted s3d files so textures wouldn't load, mobs and models were not trans but jsut milky white.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:32 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

The newest version of DZoneConverter has part of the skeletal system figured out...older models render ok but newer ones don't.

WC
Old 08-13-2004, 04:15 PM
sandy
Hill Giant

transparent textures I have seen are COLLIDE.DDS and HOLO.DDS

the first one seems to be used to define invisible walls, it's a blue texture with "collide" written on it
the 2nd one seems to be used to hide parts of models or zone meshes and is a square marble white texture

I've found some meshes that have no textures, and they have to be used as transparent textures too or they will appear as white ugly walls
Without textures the default diffuse color is white, it's why your models appear white in viewers unless you turn the transparent flags on