Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-21-2006, 07:36 PM
armflailing
Fire Beetle

Default trouble logging in

Hi, I'm trying to login to the new 0.7.0 server, I can get all the way to the character creation screen, and when I get to the step where you submit a character name for approval, it never goes past that screen. It just says submitting name for approval, please wait.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Have you try more than 1 server, it is perhaps just a wrong server issue ?
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:44 AM
warklantd
Fire Beetle

We had a Problem last night where one of the tables in our DB got corrupted and was causing that on the EQ [Progressions] server. If thats is the server you were talking about try it again. It has been tracked down and fixed.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:06 AM
armflailing
Fire Beetle

Still having the same problem, could it be the version that I'm using, I patched up to live a few weeks ago, and before it wouldn't let me log into eq at all it would say wrong version, now I get to the character select screen and it won't go past submitting the name, could that be a version issue?
Old 04-22-2006, 06:11 AM
kouhei
Hill Giant

Default should be ok now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warklantd
We had a Problem last night where one of the tables in our DB got corrupted and was causing that on the EQ [Progressions] server. If thats is the server you were talking about try it again. It has been tracked down and fixed.
We wee having trouble it seems the db upgraded need a couple more fields which was casuing the server to drop at char create.

Take a look you know you want to click on this site.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:12 AM
kouhei
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by armflailing
Still having the same problem, could it be the version that I'm using, I patched up to live a few weeks ago, and before it wouldn't let me log into eq at all it would say wrong version, now I get to the character select screen and it won't go past submitting the name, could that be a version issue?
You will need to get the titanium package to be able to play since you patched to live

Old 04-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Quote:
Hi, I'm trying to login to the new 0.7.0 server, I can get all the way to the character creation screen, and when I get to the step where you submit a character name for approval, it never goes past that screen. It just says submitting name for approval, please wait.
Yes, eqemu 0.7.0 isn't compatible with live patch but with Titanium edition and last 9/13 pre-patch, sorry.
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:40 AM
armflailing
Fire Beetle

I bought titanium edition and installed it, was able to get into game with that, thanks guys. I was having an issue with attacking mobs though, could not attack anything as it was saying that I was out of range the whole time. Not sure if it was a latency issue or not, I was logged into progessions server, will try again today.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:27 PM
kouhei
Hill Giant

Default mobs

Quote:
I bought titanium edition and installed it, was able to get into game with that, thanks guys. I was having an issue with attacking mobs though, could not attack anything as it was saying that I was out of range the whole time. Not sure if it was a latency issue or not, I was logged into progessions server, will try again today.

What server were you getting that error? The reason is that you got that error is becuase ther server has not copied or put any map files into the map folder with out those you will not be able to attack or spells. One way to check is type #los and if it says you have line of sight you will be able to attack if it says you do not have line of sight then that server is missing maps and you might want to let the server op know if he(she) already does not know.

Old 04-23-2006, 03:30 PM
klinzhai
Sarnak

I've seen this error also, but I usually don't tend to run into it *too* often (about 1 in 5-10 critters) and when I do, it's mobs that appear 'static'. I think they're stuck under the world but are showing on top of the world anyway.

If your map files aren't loaded, you'll see critters walking around (possibly in the wrong areas of the zone) and not aggroing until you attack (makes it real easy to hunt down critter and eat them up 1 by 1, but it's kinda silly).