Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Dymerius
Sarnak

Default Problem with custom items in loot tables

In a nutshell, here is the problem:

A certain NPC type is supposed to drop several non-custom items and several custom-made items.

I start the server, enter the zone, kill the NPC, and the NPC drops 0 custom items, but it drops regular(non-custom) items like normal.

If I repop the zone, the custom items reappear in the NPCs' loot tables. In certain cases, the custom items are supposed to drop 100% of the time, so it is not an issue with the probability of an item dropping being too low. And, to reiterate, this is only an issue with items that I have personally put into the items table.

I have many scenarios in-game where an NPC is supposed to drop "normal" loot as well as custom loot and, in most of these cases, I do not have this problem. I've only identified the problem in 6 or so zones. The only thing they have in common (as far as I can tell...) is that the NPCs are higher level (50+).

I'd even be happy with a quick fix - if I could just have each zone automatically repop whenever it is launched :p

If anyone has any information about this, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks in advance,
Old 01-12-2007, 05:28 AM
Cripp
Discordant

When i create custom items.. i think of the type of item its going to be like.. if im trying to make a note i would go to http://eqitems.13th-floor.org and search for a similar item im making.. find it and look at the RAW data like this.. http://eqitems.13th-floor.org/itemraw.php?id=18203 then just copy the same values.
your problably just missing a -1 or something in a certain field..
hope this helps a bit hehe..

www.nugblazers.com
Old 01-12-2007, 07:56 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Also check your itemid. Make sure it does not exceed #define MMF_EQMAX_ITEMS (currently 100000) in Items.h under EmuSharedMem folder. I found problems when I started numbering custom IDs at 100,001 because I wanted to leave space for Live items. :/
Old 01-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Dymerius
Sarnak

I increased the number of max items a while back and things have been working as intended. I've been looking at the item entries, comparing them to other items which drop as intended. I've tried changing a few things on the items but it doesn't seem to help. :p

Still not sure what to do about this.