Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:00 AM
Balkon
Fire Beetle

Default Ok, question

Ok well I think I'm alot closer to getting my server up, And I've been searching around and haven't seen anyone who has the same problems with there server as me. When I dclick the Start.bat, I get 2 screens, one dissapears real fast, and a screen that says Wait for world to finish loading... Press enter when done... Press any key to continue. I press enter and it takes me to a blank screen that says nothing, and I did what the tutorial said, I waited 30 seconds, actually 10 minutes and it still does nothing, So, I just move on and try to open the zone.exe and the world.exe, they both open for a split second and then close, when I read the error logs it says ---------------------
[05.03. - 02:27:56] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_debug_world_3156.log
[05.03. - 02:27:56] [WORLD__INIT] Loading server configuration..
[05.03. - 02:27:56] [WORLD__INIT] Log settings loaded from log.ini
[05.03. - 02:27:56] [WORLD__INIT] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.7.0
[05.03. - 02:27:56] [WORLD__INIT] Connecting to MySQL...
[05.03. - 02:27:56] [WORLD__INIT_ERR] Cannot continue without a database connection.

AND I KNOW that people have had similiar problems but there not exactly the same as mien and I tried the replies and solutions and they haven't worked for me, any ideas one what this might be?
Old 05-03-2007, 05:08 AM
uncommon
Sarnak

Well, it's really self explaining : there's a problem while etablishing the connection with mysql.

Check that part of your eqemu config file, make it reflect your actual mysql configuration (you set the password after mysql install and the DBNAME is the name of your database : peq, ax_peq or whatever your sourced).

<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>Your Password</password>
<db>DBNAME</db>
</database>

PS : In fact you should read the mysql section of that howto, it's better than my crappy english.
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ka=ws992mysql5
Old 05-03-2007, 05:51 AM
Balkon
Fire Beetle

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3309</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>******</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>
</server>

Thanks for your post, Where it says localhost, I tried 127.0.0.1 and my Internal and external ip, and it still didnt work, but I've already went by that tutorial and tried what you said, and it still doesnt work, I even enabled ports 5999, 3309, 3306 on my router, shut off my firewall, I have perl, MYSQL, set up exactly how they said to have it set up. Any other possible problems that I might not be noticing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic.JPG (10.6 KB, 323 views)

Last edited by Balkon; 05-03-2007 at 01:56 PM..
Old 05-03-2007, 07:04 AM
mamba666
Sarnak

Make sure you did these steps.

C:\mysql\bin\mysql -u root peq

> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON peq.* TO eq@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'eq' WITH GRANT OPTION;

This is if you installed the PEQ database.

Change eq@localhost to root@localhost

If you are using root which it looks like you are.

make sure the dtabase server is on the same machine as the eqemu server. It doesn't have to be but it will make things easier to start out.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Balkon
Fire Beetle

Default Hmmm

Where do I type all that? In the MYSQL command line client? I just re-did the WHOLE tutorial over again on a brand new computer in my basement, still the same problem. The world.exe and the zone.exe just dissapear instantly. I tried typing what you said into the SQL command line client and it just gave me some error. In the logs it says cant find database or some crap (Same thing I posted above) I've tried going through the login server and typing my IP, 127.0.0.1 and my Internal 192.168.1.104 and External in every place it asks for it. I tried ports 5999 and 3066 for everything that asks for a port, I have them all unblocked, And I know 100% that I did everything right. What your saying might work but I dont know where to type all that, or how to do it. Thanks for the post, can you guide me a little more? By the way, heres some other error I find in the log, now that I re-did the server thing: ---------------------------------------------
[05.03. - 18:40:33] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_zone_4008.log
[05.03. - 18:40:33] Failed to connect to database: Error: #1045: Access denied for user 'eq'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Last edited by Balkon; 05-03-2007 at 06:40 PM..
Old 05-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Go to Mysql site and download the MySql Adminsitrator GUI, it's all real easy there
Old 05-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Balkon
Fire Beetle

Ok, thanks, hopefully it helps. I'll tell you if it does or if I have a question
Old 05-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Balkon
Fire Beetle

should I set all the places that ask for ports to 5999 or 3306? If not one, which ones need to be set to 5999 and which ones 3306? Also for IP addresses, which ones should be set to localhost and which ones 127.0.0.1?
Thanks
Old 05-03-2007, 11:20 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

You mean your firewall? is this a windows, linux, or router firewall? If you have a router, you don't need Windows or Linux firewall, unless you have a DMZ server.
heres some ports;
3306/udp 5999/udp 9000/udp 7000 - 7005/udp 3306/tcp 5999/tcp 7000 - 7005/tcp
You don't need to clear ports on your router if you play in your LAN only

If you use static zones, then you have to open more of the 7000 ish zones
Old 05-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Balkon
Fire Beetle

No I mean in the files like LoginServer.txt and eqemu_config.xml. I have my firewall turned off, and all those ports enabled. Im not for sure what static zones are, the only experience with this that I've had is the tutorial I went through. I'musing mini login and right now all I'm trying to do is get the server up, no public or even lan, just trying to get singplayer working and lan later.

Last edited by Balkon; 05-03-2007 at 07:42 PM..
Old 05-03-2007, 12:13 PM
techguy84
Discordant

What guide did you follow.

If used the latest guide, the GRANT ALL PRIVILAGES command is not needed.

Try this one, as the error you get is normally do to this step being missed in the guide.

Code:
set password for 'root'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('****');
**** being the password for your root account you put in when running the instance server config wizard from the end of the mysql setup. (LEAVE THE ' IN THERE)

To get to where you need to type this in, Start->Programs->Mysql->Mysql Server5->MySql Command Line client

or Go to run, type in cmd, and when that comes up, type in mysql -u root -p

You dont have to be under any database to do this. Just run the command

Last edited by techguy84; 05-03-2007 at 08:17 PM..
Old 05-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Balkon
Fire Beetle

I did that step, the ***** is my password. (just blanked it out because it doesnt need to be shown) Thanks for the post, got any other ideas? Does MYSQL need to be in a certain location of my computer? like C:\MYSQL because mine was originally installed in C:\program files\MYSQL
Old 05-03-2007, 12:20 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Not really. I use MySQL in its deafult folder. What version are you running of the emu and mysql. Assuming the latest right?

Quote:
[05.03. - 18:40:33] Failed to connect to database: Error: #1045: Access denied for user 'eq'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Are you using eq in your eqemu_config.xml file under the database information, or root

Also, the port number in your eqemu_config.xml file is supposed to be 3306, you have 3309 from a ealier post
Old 05-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Balkon
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy84
Not really. I use MySQL in its deafult folder. What version are you running of the emu and mysql. Assuming the latest right?

Are you using eq in your eqemu_config.xml file under the database information, or root

Also, the port number in your eqemu_config.xml file is supposed to be 3306, you have 3309 from a ealier post
Yes, both the latest versions in the latest Server setup tutorial for windows. I followed every letter of it as best I could.

What do you mean by "Are you using eq in your eqemu_config.xml file under the database information, or root"? Im not for sure what you ment, my eqemu_config.xml file is in my EQEmu folder and I have it set to root and PEQ database.

Yeah I noticed that and changed the port, still the same problem, so that wasnt it. Thanks alot for the help, I hope you can help me get this working!
Old 05-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Code:
SET PASSWORD FOR 'eq'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd');
If you're using MySql 5x, did you run the above line in your MySql command box?