Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:11 PM
johnblack100
Fire Beetle

Default Trade Skill Server

Hi fellow EQers,
I am looking for a server that has implemented trade skills into the game.
Can anyone recommend a server for me?
Really enjoy eqemu fantastic stuff.

Cheers.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:42 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

well any server running off PEQ Db has prety much 90% complite original TS. (Grand Creation is the top one)
The question is how much impact those TS will actualy have on a gameplay of the server, cuase using original eq TS, you gona take you a crap load of time invested into TS to craft something which will be WORSE that is offered in newbee quests

So I guess you looking for a server where TS is a STRONG part of the game play.

Personaly I know not of such server, but I am myself working on my server where TS will play part of 2nd most important source of items after raid encounters.

Thought I am still weeks away from going public with it =)
But keep your eyes open- ChaosFlux coming soon.. well eventualy =)
Old 04-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I think all Tradeskill input to the DB is needed, so if anyone decides to make an original zone server, the data will be there for them.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:34 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Yeah, original tradeskills are more or less "done." Fetching needs a bit of work, and I am sure there are minor bugs here and there but for the most part we're in good shape on PEQ.

On the other hand, the new tradeskill stuff hasn't even been looked at yet.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:05 AM
ansley
Fire Beetle

The Edge server all gear is made with tradeskills. It is a very very different approach to EQ then anything I've ever seen before. Just throwing that out there if you are interested. It's all customised though not EQlive type tradeskills
Old 04-12-2008, 03:45 AM
kiirdiir
Sarnak

And kudos to your work, Cavedude & team. (In case you do not hear it nearly enough!)
Old 04-16-2008, 08:46 PM
LizardNest
Fire Beetle

Hmm Edge looks very interesting. I may try it after Beta or even Beta test it if no other server suits my needs for now. I seen it on the server list as stable Beta but never payed any mined to it; interesting.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardNest View Post
Hmm Edge looks very interesting. I may try it after Beta or even Beta test it if no other server suits my needs for now. I seen it on the server list as stable Beta but never payed any mined to it; interesting.
Yeah, we do tradeskills here.

I'm even working on tradeskill based ultimate weapons, along with two new zones, adding random loot drops, custom epic quests (they're actually epic, and take some time/steps to complete.) and one of those zones being a new city zone. You can see where i'm going with this.

I've been working on the new content for about a few months now, and it's going slow due to not having the time to work on it.

However, it will get finished eventually, and then i'll make more zones to explore after that.

Give it a shot, if it's not your thing, that's okay. It's not for everyone. But those who it is for enjoy it.

It isn't EQLive anymore, that's for sure.

www.theedgeserver.com