Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Charmya
Fire Beetle

Default Which server do you guys recommend?

Hi I'm new to EQ emulator.

My husband and I have played multiple years in the past. We will more than likely do the Chanter/Mage Combo again. Once an enchanter always an enchanter (so much for enchanters anonymous).

Anyone have any recommendations on servers? We usually end up with 3 or 4 accounts and are fairly active.

Thanks in advance!

Charmya and Gnodu
Old 12-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Chanus
Hill Giant

PEQ (The Grand Creation) is the closest you'll get to just-like Live currently. It's got a steady but not very high population (it feels kind of like the Test Server did on live, as far as population size).

Project1999 is a very well-done recreation of Classic EQ, and is soon to open Kunark, but you wouldn't be able to play more than one account. They don't allow multi-boxing and you'd have to request an IP exemption to even have both of you play together from the same location which can take several weeks to be approved.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:27 AM
trevius
Developer

It really depends a lot on what type of server you are looking for. If you are looking for something similar to EQLive, PEQ is the way to go, or P99 for classic only. If you want to try something a bit different, you may like custom servers. There are quite a few custom servers out there to choose from. I would suggest starting by looking at this list:

http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?pageid=serverlist

You can click "view" next to each server and read a bit about them and maybe check out their website link. Custom servers can range quite a bit as far as content goes. Some are easier and some are more challenging. Some are made for solo players and some are more geared toward groups or boxing and raiding. And so on...

Either way, welcome to EQEmu
Old 12-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Charmya
Fire Beetle

Thank you! I will do my research and then decide As an enchanter 1999 doesn't interest me as much Oh the hell lvls! Why go back? hehe Not to mention 2-3 wks for approval for both of us to play isn't what I have in mind.

Thank you both so much.