Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:55 PM
iggi
Sarnak

Default Weapon Max Stats?

Hello,

I have been making items/weapons to test the limits of what you can reach. I tried to find a forum post to this effect, but I have been unable.

I essentially created a weapon with 255 dmg (works), 1000 AC (works), 255 to each stat & resists (doesn't work), 20k to hp/mp (works), 10k hp/mp regen (doesn't work).

The 255 to each stat did not initially work, in fact it gave -1 for each stat. I tried decreasing it to 235, or 199 and each gave a a negative number equal to the distance form 256. Additionally I tried 508 (254x2) and it yielded -3 to all stats. Anyone know how to fix this or what the cap is? I thought it was 255.

The 10k hp/mp regen displayed correctly, but did not obviously work, instead I registered somewhere around 150-200 hp/mp regen. Reducing this to 2k seemed to make it work fine.

In short, does anyone have the hard caps for each stat? Also, does anyone know how to fix my weapon so it no longer has negative stats no matter what number is entered?
Old 03-30-2011, 05:10 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

stats and resist go from -125 to 125
weapon dmg 0 to 255

note that you can have an item with +125 INt, and 5 augment slots with an augment in each with +125 INt each, so item total will go up to +750 int

same for weapons
Old 03-30-2011, 05:41 PM
revloc02c
Hill Giant

Thanks for the info, I found it very useful.

Does anyone know, or has anyone tested the limits on:
hp/mp
hp/mp regen
Attack
how about DS?

..or if you happen to know, some of the other stats on items, i.e. Stun Resist, Avoidance, etc.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:37 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by revloc02c View Post
Thanks for the info, I found it very useful.

Does anyone know, or has anyone tested the limits on:
hp/mp
hp/mp regen
Attack
how about DS?

..or if you happen to know, some of the other stats on items, i.e. Stun Resist, Avoidance, etc.
Don't really know the actual limits but hp can get to atleast 260000 and I think mp can as well. I have seen attack in the 20000-25000 range but the usefulness at that point is questionable. Hp regen can get to atleast 5000 as there is a gm buff that does that but never really tested it beyond that.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:13 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Whatever the data values in the item struct is, is how high it can go. There's some limitations in the emu code atm which is due to things not being casted as floats where they would exceed the max value of an uint32, resulting in 265k or so HP to loop around (for whatever reason..)

The max value the client displays is around 10 million, and that's just due to a hardcoding SOE did on the HP calc for the inventory screen. It actually goes higher than that. (max uint32)

Level can also go to 65535, but you'd have to rewrite most of the code to support level as a uint16 instead of uint8.

Most of the limitations on the emulator are artificial due to PEQ not needing them that high; in fact, a lot of core emu systems will break provided everything isn't like live. Take a look at THF who had to do custom code to avoid reaching the hit rate cap (95%) because they had their stats too high. EZ is entirely mitigation based and the lack of custom code there is why warriors are so OP, stonewall makes people the best tanks due to AC being useless.

Of course, you could always learn C++ and do it yourself to change mechanics, however, remember that any mechanics changes will be hard to do. The current attack code is a mess but that's because on live they had so many conditionals on what to do to calculate things, such as AAs, extra stats, etc.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:15 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

And as for item stats, it's 127 as the max for a single item stat. On SoD/SoF, damage is a uint32 so it can be much higher, however it will not display on titanium. With 50% of players or more using titanium, it's nice to balance around support for that client.