Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 10-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Durge
Sarnak

Default Question about Epic 1.5 Turn-In Quest

I was just wondering, I made a quest for an epic 1.5 turn-in and for some reason it's not giving the player the token, maybe someone could take a look?
Code:
sub EVENT_SAY #Start of the talking dialogue
{
	my $Epic = quest::saylink("Epic") #Creates a clickable say link for $Epic

if($text=~/hail/i) #If the text equals "hail"
	{
		$client->Message(15, "Hello $name, you have caught me at a bad time, I am currently in the process of completing an item that will indeed be [$Epic]."); #Message
	}
	if($text=~/epic/i) #If the text equals "epic"
	{
		$client->Message(15, "Interested are you? Well, I might have some use of you. If you can give me your Epic 1.5, then I can give you a token."); #Message
	}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM #Turning in the Epic 1.5
{
	if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 60332 => 1)) #This is handing in the Warrior Epic 1.5
	{
		quest::summonitem("1661"); #Token
		quest::emote("Checks the quality"); #An emote
		$client->Message(15, "Indeed, this is what I'm looking for, here is your token."); #Message
	}
	if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 52348 => 1)) #Handing in the Rogue Epic 1.5
	{
		$client->Message(15, "Indeed, this is what I'm looking for, here is your token."); #Message
	}
	if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 67742 => 1)) #Handing in the Monk Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18609 => 1)) #Handing in the Berserker Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 48136 => 1)) #Handing in the Shadowknight Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 48147 => 1)) #Handing in the Paladin Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 62647 => 1)) #Handing in the Ranger Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 77640 => 1)) #Handing in the Bard Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 57054 => 1)) #Handing in the Beastlord Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 20076 => 1)) #Handing in the Cleric Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 62880 => 1)) #Handing in the Druid Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 57045 => 1)) #Handing in the Shaman Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 16576 => 1)) #Handing in the Wizard Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 19839 => 1)) #Handing in the Magician Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 52962 => 1)) #Handing in the Enchanter Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 64067 => 1)) #Handing in the Necromancer Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	else
	{
		$client->Message(15, "Why on earth would I want this?"); #Message
		plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
	}
}
Old 10-26-2011, 08:56 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Take the quotes off 1661.

quest::summonitem(1661); #Token
Old 10-26-2011, 09:36 AM
joligario
Developer

Although a good practice, that's not breaking the script. Most likely it is:

my $Epic = quest::saylink("Epic");

Also, you may want to change the if's to elsif's in the turnin block otherwise the else only works with the last if.

Edit: And you could clean them up into one if block since you are repeating code multiple times.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:26 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

I didn't see the missing semicolon. You and your eagle eyes!

I assumed, that since he mentioned only that the token wasn't getting created, that everything else was working as expected.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Baruuk
Sarnak

It's off topic a bit, but I have to ask - what will players do with the "token" you give them from handing in their 1.5? I assume it's something towards their 2.0?
Old 10-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Durge
Sarnak

Yeah, they will be used in the combine for 2.0, and thanks for all the help guys, and you really do have eagle eyes joligario xD.

EDIT:Hmm, it still does not give the token.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:23 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Tried using 'or' instead of 'else if' ?
Old 10-26-2011, 11:08 PM
joligario
Developer

Those item IDs are the epic 2.0s rather than the 1.5s (at least the ones I looked at). Are you turning in the right items?
Old 10-31-2011, 11:31 PM
Durge
Sarnak

Ah, yes that could've been a mistake, but it still wouldn't have mattered
Old 11-01-2011, 05:32 AM
joligario
Developer

It would matter if you were trying to test it with 1.5s

So does it work for you now?
Old 11-01-2011, 09:34 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

This works for me. I had to change the item it summoned because I do not have item 1661 in my database. You should also check the IDs for the hand in, since at least the shaman one is not the right id for their epic based on a peq database.

Code:
sub EVENT_SAY #Start of the talking dialogue
{
	my $Epic = quest::saylink("Epic"); #Creates a clickable say link for $Epic

if($text=~/hail/i) #If the text equals "hail"
	{
		$client->Message(15, "Hello $name, you have caught me at a bad time, I am currently in the process of completing an item that will indeed be [$Epic]."); #Message
	}
	if($text=~/epic/i) #If the text equals "epic"
	{
		$client->Message(15, "Interested are you? Well, I might have some use of you. If you can give me your Epic 1.5, then I can give you a token."); #Message
	}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM #Turning in the Epic 1.5
{
	if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 60332 => 1)) #This is handing in the Warrior Epic 1.5
	{
		quest::summonitem(10051); #Token
	}
	elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 52348 => 1)) #Handing in the Rogue Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 67742 => 1)) #Handing in the Monk Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18609 => 1)) #Handing in the Berserker Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 48136 => 1)) #Handing in the Shadowknight Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 48147 => 1)) #Handing in the Paladin Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 62647 => 1)) #Handing in the Ranger Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 77640 => 1)) #Handing in the Bard Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 57054 => 1)) #Handing in the Beastlord Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 20076 => 1)) #Handing in the Cleric Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 62880 => 1)) #Handing in the Druid Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 57045 => 1)) #Handing in the Shaman Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 16576 => 1)) #Handing in the Wizard Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 19839 => 1)) #Handing in the Magician Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 52962 => 1)) #Handing in the Enchanter Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 64067 => 1)) #Handing in the Necromancer Epic 1.5
	{
	}
	else
	{
		$client->Message(15, "Why on earth would I want this?"); #Message
		plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
	}
}