Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:14 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Default Apology to the community of EQemu.

I've done some stupid things on these forums out of sheer irrationality and stress-involved moments in my real life. Knowing one of your family members is sick and probably going to pass at any moment is not exactly the greatest thing to keep your spirits up. But this is no excuse, more so then it's just asking for everybody to understand to a point why I would act this way.

I want everybody to know I don't want to give up after putting so much work into Varlyndria but I also feel like am in a state of my life right now that's just difficult to maintain a server. I am really sorry for everything you guys have had to read or endure or the constant posts and trying to raise my things to the top. I'm just done with it..

Will this be the end of Varlyndria? I don't want it to be..

I just hope everybody can forgive me and we can all go on with our lives and I can once again focus on keeping Varlyndria around. I'm tired of the posts on here though that I have made.. the constant boosting and displaying.. It's like any sense of humble just left my body for a while there.. I just want to be apart of the community by bringing some joy to people when they get off work or have a hard day, or just gamers in general.

Consider this a confession. Just like all of you, I'm tired of displeasing you all or making you hate me. That's the last thing I want to do. I'm sorry if I upset any of you with my earlier actions. Especially, Akkadius. You didn't deserve any of that man.. I feel really bad for acting that way. I know deep inside I am lot more professional than that. I consider this community like a family or sorts and you don't treat your family like that.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:19 AM
HeyJudd
Banned

I wouldn't buy for a second that you have a sick family member.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:34 PM
jsr
Hill Giant

My view/advice;

- Abusing Akkadius or anyone else is unacceptable.
- I think you've also copped some treatment I'd consider unacceptable, and moderators acted. I think it would be fair for someone to clean up your explosion when they have time.
- I doubt anyone hates you, communication on the internet has limited scope.
- Don't post until your head is clear. Don't post in anger! If you're mad send a PM! Anything you put on the Internet is permanent and in some cases can affect how you are perceived for a long time!

On game stuff...
- Continually updating a post might annoy people but it's (imo) not a major issue.
- While I admire your commitment to a vision, I think adding significant complexity to an already complex game is going to be difficult to manage without significant help. You either need to slow down or remove complexity from your project.
- EQEmu is not a competition and you will not be able to rely on it for income. You are obviously creative and talented, if I were you I'd be aiming to focus those skills on something like the game industry and leave EMU as the hobby it should be. For inspiration, look at someone like Jeff Vogel.

Lastly I had to watch my mum die recently from cancer. It is difficult. I struggled with work and wound up walking away for a number of months. If I'd tried to keep working I probably would have sunk a few projects.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Mattatron
Fire Beetle

It's OK man don't worry about it. Stuff happens.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:47 AM
Ozzudan
Fire Beetle

Made his money and now its not worth the time invested.... told you guys this was coming a month after he started. Surprised it lasted this long. So long and thanks for all the fish....
Old 11-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzudan View Post
Made his money and now its not worth the time invested.... told you guys this was coming a month after he started. Surprised it lasted this long. So long and thanks for all the fish....
I actually have a new full-time job that greatly demands my attention and also have a lot of responsibilities with my family now that I didn't before. This has severely cut into my development time. (I'm only one man) I'll eventually get V2 out and anybody who donated previously will receive gifts in the new server. I said this the very first day I brought Ascension down. I'm sorry if you feel I baited you. That's not at all what happened with the other 2 servers. They actually did die sadly from poor development choices and the drama that happened on the boards. It's time to move on.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Tyen05
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzudan View Post
Made his money and now its not worth the time invested....
"Made his money" ...lololol.

I'm sure his kids enjoyed the one happy meal the donations could afford.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:14 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyen05 View Post
"Made his money" ...lololol.

I'm sure his kids enjoyed the one happy meal the donations could afford.
You clearly have no idea how much Drak made off of donations. I know of three people whom have donated over a total of 300 dollars.

Before you smart off, perhaps know your facts, my friend.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Tyen05
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
Before you smart off, perhaps know your facts, my friend.
46 bloomin onions
Old 11-26-2013, 07:02 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

That's insane. i think donations on these servers are a joke. No server op should be asking for more money then it cost to host the server. server bills should be transparent to all too.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:44 PM
sorvani
Dragon

I charge $120 per hour for ad-hoc application development. Would you like to compensate me for all the hours I have spent doing things for this project? I might add my time is minimal compared to people like Cavedude, KLS, demonstar, etc.

Just because someone chooses to accept voluntary payment for their time spent, does not mean you had to pay it or play there. If you do not like it do not play there. Screw you.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:24 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
I charge $120 per hour for ad-hoc application development. Would you like to compensate me for all the hours I have spent doing things for this project? I might add my time is minimal compared to people like Cavedude, KLS, demonstar, etc.

Just because someone chooses to accept voluntary payment for their time spent, does not mean you had to pay it or play there. If you do not like it do not play there. Screw you.
I will concur