Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development: Custom Code

Development: Custom Code This is for code thatdoes not emulate live and wont be added to the official code.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:46 PM
knowom
Discordant

Default 2Hand weapon conversions to 1Hand Weapons

Here's a SQL insert or replace grid for the peqDB Items table for 2H weapons that changes 2H item types over to 1H item types for 2HS, 2HP, and 2HB into 1HS, 1HP, and 1HB item types. I kept the ID #'s the same at least for the time being. It's kind of a just a easy base template to aid in customizing for people that wish to explore the different possible applications of using 2H item type weapons as 1H item types for graphical eye candy along with class and race diversification purposes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Y...it?usp=sharing

Here's a screenshots section in forum where I showed off a few possibilities with the overall idea itself.
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37424
Old 05-08-2014, 11:41 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

I am not really following what is that you wanting to do.
Do you want weapons with 2handers models to be used in 1hand ? - this can be achieved by running SQL query that tracks down weapon skill type assigned and changes it.
Do you want a COPY of weapons with 2handers models to be used in 1hand ?
This would require a more comprehensive query to make copies of weapons with 2h skill type.

At the same time - you can assign ANY weapon model to any weapon and any skill or class. You can have a Wizard shooting arrows from Paladin's Epic Sword as if from a Bow. And arrows can look like Centy Long Swords...
Old 05-09-2014, 12:17 AM
knowom
Discordant

I'd like a copy of weapons with 2handers models to be used in 1 hand. I'll still need to change the item ID's manually to new ones.

I think I've got it partially figured out should be able to convert item type 1 into item type 0 to change 2HS to 1HS for example for each of the 2H weapon styles. Fiddled with limiting table columns in HeidiSQL settings that certainly makes it less messy on the eyes. I'm rather new to this SQL DB management learning through trial and error mostly. I get how to select multiple entries in columns, but not sure how I change bunch select to the same thing together at once I need to change the 1's to 0's in this case.

Just as a update I got 2HS into 1HS item type 1 to item type 0 and 2HB into 1HB item type 4 into item type 3 conversions done. Had to manually copy/paste each item type #'s though since I'm not exactly sure how I can select a bunch and change X many all at once from 1 to 0 or 4 to 3 for example. Just have to do 2H pierce item type conversion tomorrow. I kept the actual item ID's the same for the time being. Eventually I might change them over to what should pretty safely be unused ID #'s. That would be fairly time consuming though so perhaps not.

This probably does a good enough job of serving it's purpose of being a good visual demonstration tool on how certain 2H weapons would look with dual wield as 1H weapon along with a shield or offhand item equipped. Some of the not so extreme high end 2hand weapons could be decently balanced as 1H weapons for specific class and or race combinations. I'll upload the finished grid data after I finish it up in case anyone want's to play around with it a bit should be good to testbed ideas around it out.