Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:36 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

Default Zone crash on new compile

Ok, I am stuck. I have been trying to figure out the problem for over a month now with no success. I pull a fresh source (have even deleted source folder and done a git clone instead of just a pull), rerun cmake (error logging set to 10) and recompile. I get no errors on the compile. I copy all of the newly compiled files to my EQEMuServer folder and launch the server. I have pulled all new maps, all up to date libraries, all new plugins (even gone as far as deleting old plugins folder and just using fresh ones). I run all the sql updates and even rerun shared memory. I launch the server and everything looks fine, no errors running. I am using the private login server and I can log an account in with no problem. I see my server and can connect. I get to the character select screen, select a character and hit enter world. Immediately zone.exe crashes. I have no statics zones set and have 20 dynamic ones loading. I go to the crash folder under logs and its empty no logs at all. I have this running on a windows 10 box and I am using the 32 bit setup. I have Akka's zone controller running (which I have tried disabling and still get the crash) I am also running Akka's diablo loot generator (which I have also unloaded to see if that was the cause). I took out what little custom code I had in also (beastlord pet models). I can resource my database back in and revert to my Nov. 2015 binaries and all runs fine, I just can't seem to update my server source code. I also thought maybe it was just the PoK zone as all my characters are logged off in this zone, so I reverted everything and logged a couple out in different zones. After putting the newly compiled files back in and repatching, I still get the same crash immediately after hitting enter world. Is there any place other than the crash folder to look for what may be causing this? Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,
Mortow

PS - Using RoF2 client

Last edited by Mortow; 04-18-2016 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: addition
Old 04-18-2016, 11:06 PM
Uleat
Developer

I've gotten some reports about what may be an issue with the current code and VS2015 update 1.

I don't know if your problem is related..but, I'll rework the code that I pushed the other day and see if that helps - check back tomorrow for an updated source.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-19-2016, 07:24 AM
Mortow
Hill Giant

I am using vs 2013. Not sure what update but I think 3 and I have been fighting this on pulls and clones for about a month. It is not just the latest pull so I dont think it is the code. I think it.is something on my end just not sure where to look to find an answer. I will try again though, later this week. Thanks, Uleat.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:32 AM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Maybe you are using the wrong dependancies. Try using all 32 bit dependancies with 32 bit VS or 64 bit dependancies with 64 bit VS.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:57 AM
Mortow
Hill Giant

I will check my version of VS. I probably downloaded the 64 bit version. Everything else to do with EMU is 32 bit.

VS is MS VS Express 2013 for Windows Desktop with update 5. Building in debug mode, Win32.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:44 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

Just reattempted this with the same result. Compiles fine, updates run and server launches. Zone.exe quits working after I hit enter world on the character select screen and no crash logs are in the folder.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:53 PM
joligario
Developer

Is this a new character or existing character? Can you create another new character?
Old 04-19-2016, 10:17 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortow View Post
Just reattempted this with the same result. Compiles fine, updates run and server launches. Zone.exe quits working after I hit enter world on the character select screen and no crash logs are in the folder.
Try this not sure if it would help. In your logsys_categories table set MySQL Error on log_to_console to 3. Just in case there are some database errors.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:37 PM
Uleat
Developer

Make sure that you have rerun shared_memory.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/comm...a3bfc4f9bdL710

I activated a field in the spells structure that will change its size and cause issues with older item pre-loaded memory hashes.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-19-2016, 10:38 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Make sure that you have rerun shared_memory.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/comm...a3bfc4f9bdL710

I activated a field in the spells structure that will change its size and cause issues with older item pre-loaded memory hashes.
Always best to have it part of your server startup script anyway.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:47 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

I have tried both existing characters and new ones with the same results. I tried setting it to 3 in the database but I did not see any output to the command windows when it crashed. I even set the zone one to 3 with no results to the command window. I appreciate the suggestions. I always re-run shared memory ever since seeing your post about it, Uleat. I do not have bots or mercenaries enabled on the server if that makes any difference.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:51 PM
Uleat
Developer

I'll review everything that I've committed since the new bot command system came online and see if there's anything going on...

I've gotten a few other reports of issues/crashes as well..but, I'm not having any issues with win7/vs2013 update 5.

That particular field activation is about the only thing that should affect non-bots code for that commit.

EDIT: If renaming and re-classing a few things is the cause of these issues, I'm gonna hate this inventory conversion

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-19-2016, 11:01 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

Thanks, Uleat. I will try again in a few days. It is probably something screwy with my end of things. I just don't know how to go about troubleshooting it. The zone command window doesn't show anything any more other than in the header and with no crash log, I have no idea where to go next.