Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-07-2021, 01:00 PM
Garral
Fire Beetle

Question PoK Book Randomly Stopped Working

Been playing from a fresh install that I put together a few years ago. I haven't had any problems at all with it until yesterday. I was going in and out of Misty Thicket to PoK one evening on a new Druid. Logged off for the night and the next day the PoK Book to Rivervale no longer works. I didn't touch the database and I double checked the \quests\poknowledge\player.pl that I've seen mentioned a few times and even cross referenced what I have with the last few commits on GitHub and it looks like nothing changed as far as I can tell.

Here's a screen cap of the book in the "doors" table in the database:

The only thing I can figure is that it has something to do with the second to last database entry now reading "0" while all the other books show either "4294967295" or at least a non-zero number. The book for Felwithe for example shows "3" but everything else looks the same.

Anyone have some input on this? I've never encountered a PoK book randomly taking time off of work like this before and would love to know how to fix it or maybe even why it happened.

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2021, 03:40 AM
Garral
Fire Beetle

An update:

I solved the issue. Turns out I misplaced my client shortcut with the RoF2 client and started the wrong client. I was missing files for the RoF2 client. I referenced this to fix my issue and grabbed their patch. So far it seems like it's repaired all of the issues.

Hope this helps anyone else in the future who encounters the issue.

Tags
book, knowledge, plane, stopped, working